New member from eastern NC

TomP

Hey there, I am a new member living in eastern NC, Emerald Isle to be exact. I recently purchased a 2006 Wrangler TJ, 4.0L with the 6 speed. I have owned a couple of Cherokees in the past but have always wanted a Wrangler. I have never done a lot of "wheeling", but hope to use this to drive on the beach in the fall and maybe to use on some light off roading. I really enjoy the open air feeling of taking the top down; nothing like it!!
IMG_0771.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG

I also hope to use the TJ as a platform to learn more about auto mechanics. I have always wanted to learn more about vehicle maintenance and the TJ is such a simple machine. So I am slowly adding to my tool collection and reading as much as I can about the simple joys of doing the work myself. I have already learned a lot from this group which has given me the confidence to try new things.
This seems like a great forum and I look forward to learning a lot.
Tom

Hey, welcome aboard! I too got my TJ to learn about auto mechanics. It has turned out to be so much more! Nice color, one of my favorites!

Great color! I know what it's like coming from a Cherokee as well. I owned several XJs before my TJ, and I always found myself lusting after a TJ.

Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here. You'll find your jeep to be a labor of love. And your jeep will love your wallet.

Howdy, sir!

I don't want to sound arrogant, but of all of the Jeep focused forums, this is by far the best one. If you need any help, just ask!

Reactions: UpperMI
Hey, welcome aboard! I too got my TJ to learn about auto mechanics. It has turned out to be so much more! Nice color, one of my favorites!
When I was searching for my JEEP I had three colors in mind (in order) Yellow, Red and White. I was lucky to get this one in the color I wanted with the 4.0 and manual transmission

I definitely have the wave down. Although I don't know what the protocol is with the JKs. Most of them that I see have a hard top, all the windows up and most likely the AC on. I enjoy the open air feeling and have yet to even turn the AC system on. Just doesn't make sense in a Jeep if you ask me.

Reactions: Jughead
I definitely have the wave down. Although I don't know what the protocol is with the JKs. Most of them that I see have a hard top, all the windows up and most likely the AC on. I enjoy the open air feeling and have yet to even turn the AC system on. Just doesn't make sense in a Jeep if you ask me.

The only thing AC helps is for resale value (where I live). My first jeep didn't have AC and it was tougher to sell that way. I tried to tell the first 8-9 callers that you take the top off in the summer time but none of them were having that. They wanted AC come hell or high water. My second TJ, I made sure to buy it with AC. I don't use it since I keep my top off but I suppose its nice to have it in case I ever do need it.

I wave at them all but most don't wave back lol. I'm the same way as you, I have AC but only had it on once to see if it worked lol

Welcome aboard!

I agree. On a beautiful day, driving with full top and ac on in a Jeep is, sacrilege.

Reactions: TomP
AC is nice to have when you're on the trail crawling and cold air blowing on your face when it's 103* out. No doors of course, duh!

AC is nice to have when you're on the trail crawling and cold air blowing on your face when it's 103* out. No doors of course, duh!

I agree. Running with cool air on the feet is nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: