New member from Florida

Uncaged

Supporting Member
I found this site shortly after purchasing my first Jeep Wrangler about two weeks ago. Seeing that everyone is helpful and informative I have decided to join. Looking forward to learning more about my Jeep. Hopefully one day I will be able to help others.

My new ride is a 2002 Sahara, 4.0 automatic in stock form with 73K miles. The interior is immaculate, the exterior looks good, the top has recently been replaced and underneath there is very little surface rust. But maintenance might have been lacking. I am guessing that the bump stops are falling apart and the spare tire is 19 years old.

You might call this my daily driver since it is the only four-wheeled vehicle I own (other than my wife's truck). My preference is for two-wheels and I will take my Suzuki V-Strom 650 or Triumph Bonneville T100 any chance I get. Well almost any chance. I have started to admit that I am a fair weather rider. Temps should be between 30F and 85F with no rain at time of departure. However, the Wrangler is a rather enjoyable "cage." (this is what many motorcyclists call any vehicle with four wheels). And there we get to the user name, which started with my previous car, a 2007 Mazda Miata. Convertibles are freeing in a way similar to a motorcycle. The Wrangler is top down or wide open more than it is closed up. So, I am "uncaged" whether on a motorcycle or in the Wrangler.

My wheeling will be quite mild, mostly slow rides on forest roads here in Florida. Lots of deep, soft sand with a few washouts. Actually, I expect that about 95% of the miles will be on pavement. I have been out a few times and the Sahara on stock 30x9.50's handle the roads quite nicely. My next trip out I will stop in deep sandy ruts and see how much clearance I have; a 2" suspension lift may be in order along with some 31's. Any way, a build thread will be started in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Zorba and Vasq
Welcome and Congrats on the wrangler! Post up some pics
Thank you!

The pic in my avatar is the only one I have so far; I'm not much of a photog. I'm usually too busy enjoying whatever I'm doing to stop and take pics. Maybe I will get some tomorrow as we are cruising through the woods... if I remember.

Reactions: TWiG01
Okay. I'm still not much of a photo, but here are a couple of pics.

FirstPicL.jpg

Pic2L.jpg

Reactions: Zorba and Scout734
I found this site shortly after purchasing my first Jeep Wrangler about two weeks ago. Seeing that everyone is helpful and informative I have decided to join. Looking forward to learning more about my Jeep. Hopefully one day I will be able to help others.

My new ride is a 2002 Sahara, 4.0 automatic in stock form with 73K miles. The interior is immaculate, the exterior looks good, the top has recently been replaced and underneath there is very little surface rust. But maintenance might have been lacking. I am guessing that the bump stops are falling apart and the spare tire is 19 years old.

You might call this my daily driver since it is the only four-wheeled vehicle I own (other than my wife's truck). My preference is for two-wheels and I will take my Suzuki V-Strom 650 or Triumph Bonneville T100 any chance I get. Well almost any chance. I have started to admit that I am a fair weather rider. Temps should be between 30F and 85F with no rain at time of departure. However, the Wrangler is a rather enjoyable "cage." (this is what many motorcyclists call any vehicle with four wheels). And there we get to the user name, which started with my previous car, a 2007 Mazda Miata. Convertibles are freeing in a way similar to a motorcycle. The Wrangler is top down or wide open more than it is closed up. So, I am "uncaged" whether on a motorcycle or in the Wrangler.

My wheeling will be quite mild, mostly slow rides on forest roads here in Florida. Lots of deep, soft sand with a few washouts. Actually, I expect that about 95% of the miles will be on pavement. I have been out a few times and the Sahara on stock 30x9.50's handle the roads quite nicely. My next trip out I will stop in deep sandy ruts and see how much clearance I have; a 2" suspension lift may be in order along with some 31's. Any way, a build thread will be started in the next couple of weeks.
Welcome to the forum

MILE ZERO ALASKA HIGHWAY / north of 55

Dawson Creek

DETOUR Overnout

~•lllllll•~👋🏿

Reactions: Uncaged

Welcome. I’m relatively new too. I had your TJ in a 97 about 10 years ago.....got rid of it....missed it.....bought a 99 sport in March and here I am.

Reactions: Uncaged