New member from NJ

wheelman2925

Supporting Member
Hello,

I am a new member from new jersey. I have two jeeps and they are a 17 JKUR and an 04 LJ. The JK is my daily and have had the LJ for about a year now. I'd like to build the LJ around a 35 tire and locked 44's with a 4 inch SA lift and the other supporting mods. I had to have some rust repair done to the LJ and have done some maintenance. Both Jeeps are stock at the moment.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got a nice stable of Jeeps there. The LJ is highly desirable, and fortunately you'll be able to run 35s on that Dana 44 and just barely be able to run deep enough gears, so it would all work out nicely!

Thanks for the welcome. 20180827_170849.jpg 20171102_123026.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got a nice stable of Jeeps there. The LJ is highly desirable, and fortunately you'll be able to run 35s on that Dana 44 and just barely be able to run deep enough gears, so it would all work out nicely!
Thanks chris. I'm thinking 5.38's should do it in the 44's. The OD is so tall on the 42rle.

Thanks chris. I'm thinking 5.38's should do it in the 44's. The OD is so tall on the 42rle.

Yep, that will be the correct gearing. I run 5.38s on my Rubicon with D44s, 35 inch tires, and the 42RLE transmission. It's perfect!

Good thing too, because that's as deep as you can gear it with the D44s!

Reactions: wheelman2925
Yep, that will be the correct gearing. I run 5.38s on my Rubicon with D44s, 35 inch tires, and the 42RLE transmission. It's perfect!

Good thing too, because that's as deep as you can gear it with the D44s!
I'm thinking of doing the Jantz K4 at both ends if I can secure a rubi 44 front. I like the added strength while keeping the clearance and weight the same. I think it would give me some insurance esp with the LP44 up front. I think I'll take care of everything above the axles first like a tummy tuck, body lift etc and some maintenance items while I drive it to keep the thing alive and well at 190k on the clock.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
I'm thinking of doing the Jantz K4 at both ends if I can secure a rubi 44 front. I like the added strength while keeping the clearance and weight the same. I think it would give me some insurance esp with the LP44 up front. I think I'll take care of everything above the axles first like a tummy tuck, body lift etc and some maintenance items while I drive it to keep the thing alive and well at 190k on the clock.

Sounds like a good plan! The Jantz K4 kit is a cool option too!

Sounds like a good plan! The Jantz K4 kit is a cool option too!
Figure I'll setup the front with the Jantz kit, 5.38's, arb117, cromos with JK u joint and black magic 15 big brake kit. The rear same gear and arb 147 with 35 spline cromos. I'm think the 35 spline is a bit much for a 44 but that's what the arb 147 is. I won't happen overnight but I'd rather not do it twice.

Reactions: JMT
It will be a beast if you do all that to it! Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: wheelman2925