New Member From NJ

TJ4Jim

TJ Expert
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just checking in here, I am from the Jersey shore and have been tinkering with Jeeps for years now. I drive a 99 Chili Pepper Red full time now as I just gave up the company car and stepped down to a 3 day work week until we sell the house here. Looking to make a move to the left coast in the southern Oregon area where I look forward to really playing around with the Jeep.

Reactions: Chris
Just checking in here, I am from the Jersey shore and have been tinkering with Jeeps for years now. I drive a 99 Chili Pepper Red full time now as I just gave up the company car and stepped down to a 3 day work week until we sell the house here. Looking to make a move to the left coast in the southern Oregon area where I look forward to really playing around with the Jeep.

Welcome to the forum Tim! I've lived in Oregon my entire life, though I'm from Portland. You'll like Southern Oregon nonetheless, I've been there many a time!

Welcome to the forum Tim! I've lived in Oregon my entire life, though I'm from Portland. You'll like Southern Oregon nonetheless, I've been there many a time!
The wife and I have spent quite a bit of time in the Brookings area and we love it so that's where we are looking for a home.

The wife and I have spent quite a bit of time in the Brookings area and we love it so that's where we are looking for a home.

How are home prices down there? In Portland they are absolutely absurd.

How are home prices down there? In Portland they are absolutely absurd.
If you want absurd prices come to NJ, down in the Brookings area we are looking for around 1500 sq feet of living space and probably 2 acre minimum but I want closer to 5 and a large stand alone garage. The prices I am seeing for that is in the 250K to 350K area with taxes below 2K. Believe me when I tell you that is a far cry from NJ

If you want absurd prices come to NJ, down in the Brookings area we are looking for around 1500 sq feet of living space and probably 2 acre minimum but I want closer to 5 and a large stand alone garage. The prices I am seeing for that is in the 250K to 350K area with taxes below 2K. Believe me when I tell you that is a far cry from NJ

I believe you! That kind of space and land in Portland would be half a million at least!