New member from Orchard Park NY

MangoTango

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi I'm Mike,

I've been lurking on here for a while and finally got around to joining. I caught the Wrangler bug in 2007 when I got out of the Navy and moved back to Buffalo. My sports car wasn't cut out for winter life, so I bought a 2007 Wrangler X. I upgraded in 2011 with a Mango Tango sport. I now own 2015 Willies, and a 1997 Sahara which I affectionately call "Death Trap". The Willies is my DD and I'm in the process of restoring Death Trap (much rusty junk) and putting it up on 35's.

I've only done a little wheeling at Rausch Creek in PA and a few places here in NY so I'm a noob at wheeling, but I have a long history with mechanical things. I decided it was time to do my own build in my own barn with my own tools (who doesn't want an excuse to tool shop every week?). I've come across plenty of great information on here and I thank this community because honestly you all make it possible. Thanks!

Reactions: lowranger and Chris
Welcome to the forum! With as empty as my pockets are with one Wrangler, I can't even imagine owning two!

Post some photos of both when you get a chance ;)

Here's what my TJ looked like the day I brought it home. I'll start a build thread and post up more pics on there to show my progress. Having a second jeep is expensive and honestly when you see the other pics you'll see why I went and got a second one lol.
10696374_10205145688072297_5547883191451492079_n.jpg

46099041_10218403348065511_7000759824480731136_n.jpg

Reactions: Gregg1LE and Chris
Hey there NY, I have my Jeep as a daily driver and a toy to fix up too. I also have a truck that I dabble with also, she's my real baby.

IMG_20160803_185125_303.jpg

IMG_20150912_183903_453.jpg

Reactions: MangoTango
Welcome to the forum...I see the sticker on you TJ "On Patrol" Did you buy it of a Police Officer, or are you the neighbourhood watch guy ? lol

Reactions: MangoTango
Welcome to the forum...I see the sticker on you TJ "On Patrol" Did you buy it of a Police Officer, or are you the neighbourhood watch guy ? lol
I bought the TJ off of a politician from Rochester NY. I think he said he used it to patrol his property, and he even installed a siren lol. I took the stickers off and kept the siren :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Welcome aboard! I'll be watching your build thread. Is there a Dana 44 under the rear of your TJ?
I believe mine has Dana 30 in the front and Dana 35 in the rear. A while back I read a thread on here about Super 35 Kits so I will probably go that route since I don't have enough funds right now to buy Dana 44's.

Reactions: lowranger