New member from Renton, WA

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Hey all, new here from Renton Wa, just moved back into the country, been living in Madrid Spain for the last 3 years so I have a lot of wheelin to catch-up on LoL.

Anyways, I have an 03 jeep TJ rubicon tomb raider edition (#969) I bought brand new. Everything done on it was done by me, except for the RCV shafts(used to be Longfields) since they were the first set made they did the install to make the instructions sheet with.

Basic run down on the rig is 4”longarm RCV front, alloy rear, custom cage(I built) custom front rear bumpers(I built) warm winch PRP seats and harness, MCE fenders and a ton of other stuff.

Hope to see some of you on the trails sometime
Some pic’s

CD0FBAB1-1363-45B3-A8B6-1F1ED884269C.jpeg

91D3BCDE-AD6E-4AF8-B3E1-6787FE94E74A.jpeg

9E32EF9C-F6F1-40BA-9570-BC9088083965.jpeg

A91161E6-DB5E-49A5-979C-D0519A0761C4.jpeg

D59D9590-7B6D-4ACA-BB4D-2C867B129D0B.jpeg

Welcome. Nice work on the bumper. It's always good to see another member that builds his own stuff.

When you said custom cage and Tomb Raider edition, I thought I was going to see a recreation of the one on her TJ in the movie 😁

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Welcome from Oregon! That looks like a real purpose built TJ you’ve got there 😮

Welcome. Nice work on the bumper. It's always good to see another member that builds his own stuff.

When you said custom cage and Tomb Raider edition, I thought I was going to see a recreation of the one on her TJ in the movie 😁

Haha, I got the tomb raider only because I got a killer deal on it (dealership couldn’t sell it), and I wanted silver but I had most of the tomb raider stuff stripped off of it literally the next day.

Welcome from Oregon! That looks like a real purpose built TJ you’ve got there 😮

Thanks, I need to get down to Tillamook and Hoodoo soon, I have run coos bay a ton, the jeep club I grew up in does a week trip once a year, but most have sand rails now.

Yeah, it’s kinda purpose built, I can and do still drive it on the streets and to and from trails, just not all that often, but it’ll get there, just not fast lol

Reactions: Chris
Nice set up . Optional extra I believe on the Tomb Raider edition was an inflatable Lara Croft in the glove box ;)

Quick question never heard of 'I built' Are they a small company working out a garage in Renton Wa ? 😁

Jokes aside....Love all the fab work you've done and your little one looks like he enjoys it too...Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I need to get down to Tillamook and Hoodoo soon, I have run coos bay a ton, the jeep club I grew up in does a week trip once a year, but most have sand rails now.

Yeah, it’s kinda purpose built, I can and do still drive it on the streets and to and from trails, just not all that often, but it’ll get there, just not fast lol

I was about to say... I'm sure you can take that thing on the road, I just have to imagine a trip from Renton down to Tillamook wouldn't be that much fun at highway speeds, huh?

Haha nope, not fun. Plus I get better mileage towing, and have a nice place to sleep. Closer trips from my house to wheelin places and trips to sonic drive in for ice cream with my son is fun though

I could see that Jeep taking on "Crushers" over here in Tillamook.

IMG_2963.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Welcome from Spokane, WA. Nice rig. What size tires are you running? 37’s? What do you think about the MCE’s? Think they accommodate one tire size larger?

Welcome from Spokane, WA. Nice rig. What size tires are you running? 37’s? What do you think about the MCE’s? Think they accommodate one tire size larger?

Yep, 37x17x12.5 MTR’s on TrailReady beadlocks

I really like the MCE’s, I’ve had the same set for 10 years now with no problems. Mine are the first gen no flair’s that they don’t sell anymore though. They were easy to install and there light.

Reactions: JMT
Yep, 37x17x12.5 MTR’s on TrailReady beadlocks

I really like the MCE’s, I’ve had the same set for 10 years now with no problems. Mine are the first gen no flair’s that they don’t sell anymore though. They were easy to install and there light.
Is your total true lift 4"?

Did you trim the rear flares?

How much up travel do you have?

Welcome aboard from NCW

Edit: no idea why it posted twice, and of course I can’t get it to delete.
So...
more welcomer aboarder?

Last edited:
Is your total true lift 4"?

Did you trim the rear flares?

How much up travel do you have?

Yep, true 4” lift, no body, but I do have a 1”coil spacer up front only to keep it level

Yep, trimmed the rear fender flairs and some rear tub trimming also

About 4” front up travel and slightly over 3.5 rear

Reactions: mushdogs
Nice set up . Optional extra I believe on the Tomb Raider edition was an inflatable Lara Croft in the glove box ;)

Quick question never heard of 'I built' Are they a small company working out a garage in Renton Wa ? 😁

Jokes aside....Love all the fab work you've done and your little one looks like he enjoys it too...Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, my son LOVES wheelin, gets kinda mad at me when he can’t go with. He’s a trooper too, this summer we were out and got caught in a rain storm so I put him in my brothers jeep with my sister-in-law and niece since he had a full top and doors on and all I had was a 1/2 top and 1/2 doors. About a half mile down the trail he switched back out to ride with me, he said he’d deal with being wet to get back in the front seat haha. I keep him pretty safe up there, he sits in a booster(so he can see better) and has a set of 5point harness

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ