New member from Sydney, Australia

I know...You're definitely on to the right track there as I'm the same with it. Factory LSD is well, factory.
Just found out I need a new carrier in the rear, I'm literally having to make up my mind now as to what locker to get by tomorrow morning. The carrier is $550 but I can get an ARB one for around $1,000 with the free on board air as well now...Aaarghh
Sucks to hear the bad news, I was in the exact same boat as you about a year ago, rear diff cooked it so in my eyes it made sense to spend a little extra to regear and get lockers at that point rather than buying a new carrier only to replace it down the road. My advice is save some coin in the long run and invest in the locker now.

Reactions: JMT
I was in the exact same boat as you about a year ago, rear diff cooked it so in my eyes it made sense to spend a little extra to regear and get lockers at that point rather than buying a new carrier only to replace it down the road. My advice is save some coin in the long run and invest in the locker now.
Yep. I'm 99% there as we speak. ARB has that promo going on atm with the on board air...Old mate works at a local ARB, Jeep is sitting at the diff place...That extra 1% is almost there 😂

Welcome! Nice looking Yellow TJ. I like the Yellow too, had a Yellow 1974 CJ-5 back in the day, loved that Jeep.
Well, looks like you're getting a locker now. Let's see a picture once you get that winch on.

Welcome! Nice looking Yellow TJ. I like the Yellow too, had a Yellow 1974 CJ-5 back in the day, loved that Jeep.
Well, looks like you're getting a locker now. Let's see a picture once you get that winch on.
Thanks. Yours isn't too shabby either there lowranger.
I literally made up my mind then as I typed it on that rear as well.
There's a CJ in that diff shop where it's getting done actually. I'll post a pic to identify it as I'm curious as i only saw the rear end.
Wow, CJ-5. In that Solar Yellow would go real well. A lot of colours that Jeeps come in, a lot of others really can't get away with

Reactions: JMT and lowranger
Thanks. That front bar looks very familiar 👍
Yes I see you have the same one (y) I went with a cheaper version on the rear..."OPAR" is the brand name, made in China I'm sure... found it used online.

IMG_1228.JPG

And a little Jeeper waits ….lol
Welcome to the forum from across the ditch...Jeep = fun, which = yellow (great colour)

Reactions: Raymund
Thanks. Yours isn't too shabby either there lowranger.
I literally made up my mind then as I typed it on that rear as well.
There's a CJ in that diff shop where it's getting done actually. I'll post a pic to identify it as I'm curious as i only saw the rear end.
Wow, CJ-5. In that Solar Yellow would go real well. A lot of colours that Jeeps come in, a lot of others really can't get away with
@lowranger. Here's that Jeep I was talking about

IMG_20191106_123833.jpg

IMG_20191106_123822.jpg

Are you going for a regear too?
It had 3.73s. Yep. I was initially just gonna fix the clunk and front locker with the regear. Then the rear happened, the locker and now we're here.
My son got a present though. Damn shame ot wasn't in Solar Yellow hahaha. Got the onboard air and blah free as well

15730075605571736515012.jpg

Reactions: Hammer24
Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ!

You'll find there's a number of other Aussie members on here, which is nice to know that you guys are keeping the TJ alive down under!

Reactions: Raymund