New Member from Tampa

JT Stapes

Supporting Member
Stock 2006 Rubi with 38k miles on the clock. I’ve added some fog lights and a new Bestop Soft top. This site has been awesome and I check it quite often. Future plans/mods are the usual suspects such as suspension lift, sound system upgrade, etc.

26572529-9DCF-45F6-82C9-30598D90B8E6.jpeg

00DA9CF1-B9FC-4CFA-93D4-3115E8FF78E6.jpeg

Wow! A white TJ Rubicon with 38k miles in what looks to be immaculate condition? I'd say you hit the jackpot my friend.

What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Wow indeed !!…
White colour ..Check
Rubi -Check
Low miles -Check
Moab Wheels - Check, check, check , check (and Check if the spare is one as well)
Congrats..looking forward to seeing more details later

Wow! A white TJ Rubicon with 38k miles in what looks to be immaculate condition? I'd say you hit the jackpot my friend.

What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Rational people will probably say I paid too much for it, but I was really specific in what I wanted as this is my 3rd TJ. I wanted a 1 owner, unmodified, specific color (khaki or white), auto trans, Dana 44 axle and a Rubi that spent its life in the South. We have a local dealer that has 35-40 TJs on his lot at any given time. We got to know each other quite well over the 9 months I spent on my search as I probably drove at least 10 different Jeeps at his place alone and we talked on the phone at least a dozen other times. I have a buddy that is a 4x4 off road vehicle nut that I took with me to check it out. When we both looked under the hood and then crawled underneath to check the frame, we were both very excited. This was the cleanest Jeep that I’ve seen! We didn’t think this thing ever left the pavement or at least we couldn’t tell. So I pulled the trigger and paid $20k (just don’t ever tell my wife).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fouledplugs
Rational people will probably say I paid too much for it, but I was really specific in what I wanted as this is my 3rd TJ. I wanted a 1 owner, unmodified, specific color (khaki or white), auto trans, Dana 44 axle and a Rubi that spent its life in the South. We have a local dealer that has 35-40 TJs on his lot at any given time. We got to know each other quite well over the 9 months I spent on my search as I probably drove at least 10 different Jeeps at his place alone and we talked on the phone at least a dozen other times. I have a buddy that is a 4x4 off road vehicle nut that I took with me to check it out. When we both looked under the hood and then crawled underneath to check the frame, we were both very excited. This was the cleanest Jeep that I’ve seen! We didn’t think this thing ever left the pavement or at least we couldn’t tell. So I pulled the trigger and paid $20k (just don’t ever tell my wife).

Did you get it from Ian?

Don't feel bad at all! I paid 20k for mine with 52k original miles and in near pristine condition.

It has no rust whatsoever, and to be honest, that's about what you would expect to pay for a clean, low mileage, rust free TJ Rubicon up in the Pacific Northwest.

I think you made a good purchase personally!