New member in CT

Navygz19

Supporting Member
Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster and happy owner (as of yesterday) of an '01 Sport w/ a 5-speed w/ a juvenile 135k on the clock 😀. Overall it's in great shape; the frames been fluid filmed almost every fall, inside and out, by the PO and has been safety capped in the rear (I know, there's tons of opinions on FF versus paint and safety cap versus full frame repair but it's better than nothing). It's got a bunch of weird vinyl, new BFG's, some knock-off wheels (maybe AR's?) new clutch/gas tank and skid/exhaust/brakes all around and brake lines and some other bits. I hate the hi-lift Jack 😂🤦‍♂️. Besides that, it's been unmolested.

The gauge cluster is lit up like a Christmas tree but a new gas cap cleared the CEL and I learned about the PAB on/off switch bulb issue from this forum already, so I'll tackle that next. Aside from all that, it drives great and can't wait to piss my wife off by dumping life savings into it! Pic attached for attention.

Look forward to Lear into more than I care to know from everyone

Cheers

EC36F9DF-CC2C-400A-9175-977F6922EA95.jpeg

F4C3E108-84F4-4A17-A33E-FB9F6040AE08.jpeg

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster and happy owner (as of yesterday) of an '01 Sport w/ a 5-speed w/ a juvenile 135k on the clock 😀. Overall it's in great shape; the frames been fluid filmed almost every fall, inside and out, by the PO and has been safety capped in the rear (I know, there's tons of opinions on FF versus paint and safety cap versus full frame repair but it's better than nothing). It's got a bunch of weird vinyl, new BFG's, some knock-off wheels (maybe AR's?) new clutch/gas tank and skid/exhaust/brakes all around and brake lines and some other bits. I hate the hi-lift Jack 😂🤦‍♂️. Besides that, it's been unmolested.

The gauge cluster is lit up like a Christmas tree but a new gas cap cleared the CEL and I learned about the PAB on/off switch bulb issue from this forum already, so I'll tackle that next. Aside from all that, it drives great and can't wait to piss my wife off by dumping life savings into it! Pic attached for attention.

Look forward to Lear into more than I care to know from everyone

Cheers

View attachment 407732

View attachment 407733

Welcome! Be careful, my wife drives my Jeep more than I do now. Maybe teaching her how to drive standard wasn't so wise...

Welcome! Be careful, my wife drives my Jeep more than I do now. Maybe teaching her how to drive standard wasn't so wise...

Ha! Now I'm worried: this Jeep was a first for me in that in 25 years of marriage it's the first vehicle she ever pushed me to get because she wanted our family to have some thing "fun". Beginning to realize that may mean her master plan's to hijack it. 🤷‍♂️

Ha! Now I'm worried: this Jeep was a first for me in that in 25 years of marriage it's the first vehicle she ever pushed me to get because she wanted our family to have some thing "fun". Beginning to realize that may mean her master plan's to hijack it. 🤷‍♂️

It's not the worst thing... It's nice you can both enjoy it.