New Member Introduction

TJR Silver

Supporting Member
I've been following the forum for several months ad finally purchased a 2005 TJR with 43000 miles. This forum has provided allot of good information that assisted in narrowing down my search. Thanks. Now to todays issue, the jeep currently has a 4" RC lift with RC shocks. I know in future I'll replace the shocks. But the current problem is the Transmission poops out of gear from hitting the consoles. So I unbolted the Console its stays in gear. Thus I started looking at a new drive shaft rotating the rear pinion to remove the transfer case drop. Seems easy enough. Then I researched further and found by doing the above i may have to trim the rear spring lower perch to clear the shocks. Is trimming the rear spring necessary for mo9derate trails and week joy riding? At what point does the shock hit the perch during wheel travel? Jeep is shown brow.
2005 TJR.jpg

Reactions: Vasq
Welcome from Michigan. Nice looking TJR. I’m new here and I can’t help with your question, but I’m sure someone will.

The Frame is good some very light surface rust. I purchased a bore scope recommended here and ran it thorough the frame inside and its very clean. I've already purchased and replaced the step with ones with a drop step. The information on this site has been a huge.

Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ!

Please post your question(s) in a new thread in the TJ General Discussion.

They will get lost in your introduction thread and no one is going to notice them (y)