• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

New Member, LJ owner in Mount Pleasant, SC

JoeUtley

Sep 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
I have had my LJ for about 6 months now. My wife introduced me to Wranglers and rock climbing, in short time I got hooked. I still love my Tundra, but my LJ is more fun for sure!.

40637448_10217693137107175_8221486385811423232_n.jpg

Reactions: MarvinL

Jorge Bolivar

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2017
Cleveland, OH, United States
Welcome to the Forum Joe!
Tbis is a great forum with many knowledegeable people. I do also have an LJ, live on Clevelamd, OH but travel often to SC and has been on Horse pasture, Gulches on Waterloo with my LJ.
Know few others LJ,rs on Greenvill, SC area too.
Hope you stick around, learn and contribute with the forum.

Happy Trails!

OP
JoeUtley

JoeUtley

Sep 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
Welcome to the Forum Joe!
Tbis is a great forum with many knowledegeable people. I do also have an LJ, live on Clevelamd, OH but travel often to SC and has been on Horse pasture, Gulches on Waterloo with my LJ.
Know few others LJ,rs on Greenvill, SC area too.
Hope you stick around, learn and contribute with the forum.

Happy Trails!
Thanks Jorge,
Since getting my 33" tires I have only been to River Rock in GA. I went to Gulches in July when it was wet on 31" KO2s... it was not fun at all and I damaged my hard top on a super rutted trail.
My Jeep group is going back to Gulches in November for the Veterens day ride. hopefully I'll have my Aussie locker in by then! Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar

zebra12

2005 Unlimited Rubicon auto
Supporting Member
Apr 9, 2018
Corvallis, OR, USA
First dayumnn that image is big, my bad.

Second, Dabo was nice to do it so he can transfer. I hope it works out for Clemson and Bryant.

OP
JoeUtley

JoeUtley

Sep 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
I agree with you two. Gotta feel bad for Bryant with all the work he put in but the decision had to be made. I honestly don't think Bryant should have transferred though. He is not a NFL caliber QB and he could have ridden the Clemson wave out into his professional career if he had handled this situation with some maturity. Clemson alumni and locals treat high profile Clemson grad athletes like royalty. He could have used his name built at Clemson for a number of careers in SC. By leaving and burning bridges like he has with the fans, that's gone.

I say this as a 33 year old who has never gone through what Bryant has though, I cant imagine how I would have reacted in his situation at that age.

Reactions: zebra12

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Ride of the Month Winner
May 30, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the forum! I lived a couple of my SC years in Mt. Pleasant, and still have family there. Beautiful are for sure. Don't recall a-lot of wheeling opportunities close by, besides some trails we used to hit in the Francis Marion forest area. Gulches has been on my list to check out one of these days.

OP
JoeUtley

JoeUtley

Sep 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
Welcome to the forum! I lived a couple of my SC years in Mt. Pleasant, and still have family there. Beautiful are for sure. Don't recall a-lot of wheeling opportunities close by, besides some trails we used to hit in the Francis Marion forest area. Gulches has been on my list to check out one of these days.
You nailed it, we travel to offroad parks within 4 hrs or so whenever possible. Gulches is awesome, check it out for sure.

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Ride of the Month Winner
May 30, 2017
Atlanta, GA
You nailed it, we travel to offroad parks within 4 hrs or so whenever possible. Gulches is awesome, check it out for sure.
That should put Uwharrie in NC just about in your striking distance as well. A bit more of a haul up into Tennessee is Windrock OHV, which is a great park as well.

OP
JoeUtley

JoeUtley

Sep 25, 2018
Charleston, SC
That should put Uwharrie in NC just about in your striking distance as well. A bit more of a haul up into Tennessee is Windrock OHV, which is a great park as well.
We ran Uwharrie in my wife's tj when it was on 31" tires and no lift so we couldn't hit Daniel. We did Dickey Bell at night going down hill and that was interesting, haha.

Windrock is on our list to go to for sure along with AOP. Tennessee is a long haul though so just takes more planning and funds.

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Ride of the Month Winner
May 30, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Have you ever checked out River Rock in Milledgeville, GA?
Ah, didn't know there was one down south of me in Milledgeville. Have you been? Kinda in a similar situation here in NW GA. Some small off road parks, but mainly head to AL, TN or NC to do wheeling.

Starrs

TJ Expert
Aug 1, 2017
Indiana, United States
I grew up in a small area called Lady’s Island. Very close to Beaufort, and right next door to Paris Island the marine base. Beautiful area, and nothing beats the low country. When I retire that is where I want to end up.

Reactions: JeepZilla380

Mud dauber

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
South Carolina
I am a new member from Greenville, SC. Myself and another friend are here Preparing our Jeeps for adventure. My friend known on this forum as Blacksheep is fixing up a TJ and we will be ready to roll soon. We often come down to the low country. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Reactions: JoeUtley

Starrs

TJ Expert
Aug 1, 2017
Indiana, United States
I am a new member from Greenville, SC. Myself and another friend are here Preparing our Jeeps for adventure. My friend known on this forum as Blacksheep is fixing up a TJ and we will be ready to roll soon. We often come down to the low country. Feel free to reach out anytime.
Grew up in Lady’s Island SC. Welcome