New member looking for a TJ or LJ

OldJeeps

Supporting Member
Hi all new member whose been stalking a few months now. Currently looking for a TJ or LJ and have found lots of great information about both models here. I’m a multi Jeep owner with a 14 JK Sahara and 18 JLU Sport S at the moment. Been into Jeep’s since the late 70s when my uncle bought a CJ 7 new. A few years later my parents bought a CJ 7 Renegade and ever since I have loved Jeep’s. I had a 79 CJ I owned for many years and a 99 TJ Sahara I bought new and made tons of memories with before reluctantly parting ways. I decided I want to add a TJ or LJ to the stable. I would prefer a stock unit I could build my way but have also looked at a few built units. If anyone knows of a low mile rust free unit send it my way please. I look forward to continuing to use the information on the site just need to find the perfect for me TJ or LJ now

Not cheap but for what you have done it’s fair!
Thanks! I think if you added it up there’s over 70k into it not including the cost of the vehicle itself. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but a damn good rock crawling setup 👍

A coworker has a 06 Rubicon and it's been hard to sell. Most want or will wait for the LJ.

While I would prefer a Rubicon I figured they will be harder to come by. If your coworkers is still for sale send me a link please. Thanks!

Thanks! I think if you added it up there’s over 70k into it not including the cost of the vehicle itself. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but a damn good rock crawling setup 👍
I have drooled over your build numerous times. Love the color. You really did set up right. Just curious how does it do on the road?

Here are a couple of photos of it I took last week. Stock w/ RE long arm lift and new driveshafts.
Rubi 1.jpg
Rubi 2.jpg

I'll pm his number and name to you.

I have drooled over your build numerous times. Love the color. You really did set up right. Just curious how does it do on the road?
It’s the best driving TJ you’ll ever drive on the road. That’s a 100% guarantee. The suspension on this thing is absolutely sublime. Care to back me up @Mikee024

It’s the best driving TJ you’ll ever drive on the road. That’s a 100% guarantee. The suspension on this thing is absolutely sublime. Care to back me up @Mikee024

@OldJeeps

@Chris recently took me for a ride in his rig and it was beyond [insert: curse word] impressive. The damn thing floats like a high-end long travel sand toy in the washboards, yet it's perfectly planted on the street. I like how it doesn't sway, yet the shocks soak up everything. The shocks aren't super soft and mushy. They are planted which I like but then soak up the small stuff and rougher stuff like it's basically not there.

I don't even understand how that's possible, but I experienced it first hand. Chris purposefully hit potholes (that would have badly jarred my jeep), yet his set-up just soaked it up as we floated over more and more stuff.

Regarding classic on-road performance, the jeep rode like it was a super high-end performance SUV. He took a quick 90-degree turn and it turned on a dime. The PSC set-up likely aided in how precisely it turned and how it seamlessly cut through the wind at about 65 mph.

I legit hope he doesn't sell it. It's that good.

Last edited:
@OldJeeps

@Chris recently took me for a ride in his rig and it was beyond [insert: curse word] impressive. The damn thing floats like a high-end long travel sand toy in the washboards, yet it's perfectly planted on the street. I like how it doesn't sway, yet the shocks soak up everything. The shocks aren't super soft and mushy. They are planted which I like but then soak up the small stuff and rougher stuff like it's basically not there.

I don't even understand how that's possible, but I experienced it first hand. Chris purposefully hit potholes (that would have badly jarred my jeep), yet his set-up just soaked it up as we floated over more and more stuff.

Regarding classic on-road performance, the jeep rode like it was a super high-end performance SUV. He took a quick 90-degree turn and it turned on a dime. The PSC set-up likely aided in how precisely it turned and how it seamlessly cut through the wind at about 65 mph.

I legit hope he doesn't sell it. It's that good.
Now that’s a testimonial!