New member of our Jeep family

Locky

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So my Daughter wrecked her XJ a month ago and since we have been on the search for something new for her. Well here she is, a 1989 2 door Jeep Pioneer. We went and picked it up last night and I can't wait for her and I to start building it for her. I am really impressed with how clean it is.

20190927_085027.jpg

20190927_085029.jpg

20190927_085046.jpg

20190927_085109.jpg

20190927_085113.jpg

20190927_085208.jpg

20190927_085242.jpg

20190927_085256.jpg

in state or out of state vehicle? pinch welds and sill cover screws usually are rusted out in this area for that range of age, let alone as you know anything fairly new either. looks in good shape overall

Reactions: Locky
The Jeep spent 23 of it's first years in Alabama and Florida then the past 7 here in Michigan but with minimal driving.

Great looking Jeep, love the chrome bumpers and that it’s a 2-door!
So my Daughter wrecked her XJ a month ago and since we have been on the search for something new for her. Well here she is, a 1989 2 door Jeep Pioneer. We went and picked it up last night and I can't wait for her and I to start building it for her. I am really impressed with how clean it is.

I don’t know what just happened when I posted a reply but it’s all jacked up.
Great looking Jeep! Love the 2-door and chrome bumpers!

Reactions: Locky
Great looking Jeep.

Now due to the lack of rust and that it's parked in sand, I'm trying to figure out how close to the Pacific Ocean West Michigan is. :unsure:
I live just a couple blocks from the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan. We just built the house and I still have to bring in over 200 yards of topsoil for a yard.

Reactions: reddvltj
RENIX goes back to the American Motors era and applies to the 1987 - 1990 XJ's and MJ's plus other AMC/Chrysler products. RENIX is a combination of Renault and Bendix which supplied some of the parts through a joint venture. Your '89 is the first year of Chrysler ownership. I have the above Cherokee and a '88 Comanche - both RENIX - last of AMC and first of MOPAR. I haven't been stumped on any parts … yet!

Cruiser54 provides a lot of parts info in the above link. He includes several NAPA part numbers which is quite helpful. I believe he was a dealership service department manager back when these were new. I bought a new XJ back in 1990, also with a red interior which I really liked. It was the last year of RENIX. I had no idea the change was coming and really didn't care. Same thing today. I like the RENIX Jeeps!

Reactions: Squatch
My wife's '96 XJ this past February. White 2-doors...yeah, Baby! :cool:

View attachment 118241
Squatch - That's the last year of the early body style as you probably know. I much prefer it to the newer style. Some XJ owners convert to the newer body style. More Comanche owners convert because they were never available in the newer style. I'd leave them alone, but that's just me.

Reactions: Squatch