New member time for some upgrades

TJ Kirk

Hi I’ve had my 2000 TJ for a while now and its Time for new tires, so I’m gonna be doing some upgrades.
Wheels and a lift and I want to do it properly. From scouring the forum sounds like Currie/RockJock is the way to go.
Any advice would be welcome, I’ll keep you updated on progress.
Cheers

C47B942D-0566-4058-B10C-169A30E36657.jpeg

Nice looking Jeep. You should pick a tire size, everything falls into place once you know that. The rear axle and transmission type will help you get good info too.

You do realize the rabbit hole you will be going down, right?

X2 to this. Be prepared to spend 15k to 20k pretty easily, and I'm not kidding about that either ;)

You just have to decide if you want to do it all at once, or spread it over the period of years.

One piece of advice I can offer is do it right the first time, even if you have to spend more to do so.

Currie / RockJock / Savvy is top shelf stuff.

What do you want to do with it after its lifted? Its expensive to play in the rocks...I don't know if I'd throw the numbers around like Chris, but maybe, if you pay for the labor to do all the work.

Awesome TJ, Chris is correct, know what you’re getting into on that (do it right) comment. I’ve got a 4” lift and I’m looking $6k for upgrading and putting in 35’s, and more like $8300 when I re gear. I’ve actually laid out A spreadsheet of it at this point.