cody454

Hi all,

Just joined the forum and thought I would drop a line from Texas. Recently bought our first Jeep product about 10 months ago, a 98 Jeep Wrangler Sahara model, with 80,000 miles on the clock. As a personal requirement, she has the 4.0 in-line 6 cylinder mated to a 5-speed manual tranny. Unfortunately, she is equipped with a Dana 35 rear and Dana 30 front. However, save for the Sony stereo and speakers and 31" all-terrains, she is bone stock, clad in black paint, half-doors and a black soft top.

As a personal note, I'm not new to wheeling or wrenching, as my first ride was a 73' Chevrolet K5 Blazer I bought 27 years ago, and still own to this day. However, the majority of my off-road experience comes in the last 6 years of my life involving our 2013 Honda Rancher and 2015 Kawasaki Teryx4. Although the family and I will continue wheelin' with the ATV and SxS, we look forward to the new challenges and exploring new paths in the Wrangler.

I have been stalking this forum for months and have learned many things already from y'all, from mechanical solutions to off-road tips. Look forward to the comraderie and future advice.

Welcome.... Yes the Jeep is a new way to go off road. I also have an ATV and a SxS (Rzr). The Jeep, you can drive it to where you want to hit the dirt and drive it home and more room for passengers and or gear.

The Texas Hill Country has some nice places to wheel. Be sure to check out Texas Jeepers thread for more info. I'm local to Hidden Falls Adventure Park (you may have been) which has some great wheeling even for your ATVs and SxS. Give me a shout if you're ever looking to get the Jeep out. It's always fun getting the jeep out, even on the light trails.

Reactions: JMT and KCsTJ
The Texas Hill Country has some nice places to wheel. Be sure to check out Texas Jeepers thread for more info. I'm local to Hidden Falls Adventure Park (you may have been) which has some great wheeling even for your ATVs and SxS. Give me a shout if you're ever looking to get the Jeep out. It's always fun getting the jeep out, even on the light trails.

Thank you for the invite. That is some beautiful country. Been to Hidden Falls a few times, the last being a few weeks ago during the Polar Run or whatever it was. However, since the Jeep is stock, our group decided to take the SXS's.

I really need to start moddin' the Jeep so that it can be more trail worthy...or so that I can be more worthy, haha.

Reactions: b0xcar
Thank you for the invite. That is some beautiful country. Been to Hidden Falls a few times, the last being a few weeks ago during the Polar Run or whatever it was. However, since the Jeep is stock, our group decided to take the SXS's.

I really need to start moddin' the Jeep so that it can be more trail worthy...or so that I can be more worthy, haha.

Don't worry about it too much! A bunch of us Texas Jeepers went to hidden falls a couple months ago. @KCsTJ, and me kept up the whole time with his 31" tires and no lift, and my 2" lift and 30" tires.

Don't worry about it too much! A bunch of us Texas Jeepers went to hidden falls a couple months ago. @KCsTJ, and me kept up the whole time with his 31" tires and no lift, and my 2" lift and 30" tires.
@Kyle_W is correct! A stock jeep is capable of running with the big boys with the exception of ground clearance.... don't worry.
Last year I wheeled my white 2.5L, 2" budget boost with the big boys at Wolf Caves in the Texas Hill Country ... your stock jeep will do just fine. :)

Reactions: JMT