HuskerRubi

Supporting Member
Hey all!

Just picked up my 06 Unlimited Rubicon a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to being the forum to learn and get involved.

Couple photos in the garage the day i brought it home...

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

Rubicon Unlimited. Excellent find. I wish my LJ was a Rubicon! That would solve a lot of decisions I have to make. Mainly what to do with my rear axle.
There's a ton of great info here, and a lot of great guys. Probably first and foremost with your 06 is the opda issue. I believe there is a thread on this forum concerning the issue and the crown automotive replacement opda. If I find the link I will post it.
Welcome

Reactions: HuskerRubi
Welcome! You will love your new ride.

P.S. You son of a bitch. You have the most sought after TJ ever. Latest model possible, long wheelbase, clean and un-modified, AND a Rubicon. Stop it!!!!!!

Reactions: EJD
Also worth mentioning to keep the original camshaft position sensor (the only thing with wires coming from it) off of the original opda. The crown cam position sensor is known to have issues and it's one bolt on both the new and the old to swap the cam position sensor.

I keep the stock opda with the crown cam position sensor in my parts bag at all times just in case something happens. Yeah I'm paranoid lol

Reactions: HuskerRubi
Welcome! You will love your new ride.

P.S. You son of a bitch. You have the most sought after TJ ever. Latest model possible, long wheelbase, clean and un-modified, AND a Rubicon. Stop it!!!!!!
I know! :) I stumbled upon it. Was looking to get rid of my truck and back to a wrangler when i came across this in classifieds. Went and looked. 1 owner and completely clean.