Thanks.
You know what Jeep stands for?
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
:) I bought my Jeep in 2014 with only 97,000. Miles on it. Couldn't afford to do anything to it till after it was paid off. So, all the work I did to it was done last year 2016.
It was an expensive year!
First "and the beginning of an expensive year" was rims then tires to fit the rims then a lift kit so the tires and rims would fit the Jeep. My Jeep came with 3:07 gears and with 33" tires I rarely got to use 5th gear. So, time to get new gears. Went to 4:10's and heavy duty axle shafts and as long as I'm in there so I won't have to pay for labor twice. Front and rear lockers and had the backing plates for the drum brakes removed sandblasted and power coated. Then installed HID spotlights 300,000 to 400,000 candle power and with everything turned on my stock 117 amp alternator rated at 80 amps at idle was putting out 90 amps at idle and screening, sounded like a jet engine. So here we go again. Time to upgrade the alternator and the wiring.
So, I bought a 240 amp alternator rated at 160 amps at idle. Now with everything turn on it pulls 93 amps.
Stock high beams View attachment 8971 View attachment 8972
HID spot lights

That's an amazing difference in night visibility with the spot lights. Makes night time trails fun.

Reactions: Chris