New old buzzard from Colorado

OldBuzzard

nerd before it was cool
Supporting Member
Hi all. I've been reading various Jeep forums for several years, but this one beats them all, so I decided to join. I had a CJ5 several decades ago, followed by a series of 4WD pickup trucks, but I've been looking for a TJ Unlimited for the last few years. Finally found the perfect one with under 100K miles (barely) in great shape, and drove over 700 miles round trip in one day to grab it before someone else did. It had to be an LJ because I pull a 3000 lb. camper trailer, and just because I like the long body. I tell people that this is my first Mercedes (well, the tranny is, anyway). I've been upgrading a few little things (headlights), and made a few items (tablet holder for the dash, jack and tool storage platform in the back, which can be used as a sleeping platform). And I've been reading (on this forum, of course) about doing a 1.5" to 2" lift. I'm planning that over the next couple of months, and keeping the current 31" tires. People tell me to plan ahead for a taller lift and taller tires, because jeepers always want a little more. But this machine will be my daily driver, as well as my off-roader, and I want to keep it enjoyable on the street. And at my age, I'm not as indestructible as I once was, so my four-wheeling is getting a wee bit milder, not wilder. I'll have a few questions to ask, but I've found that most of them are already answered here, somewhere, if I can find them.

oldbuzzard_TJ.jpg