2 Old Man Emu Part #: OMEJGF10 for front 10mm
2 Old Man Emu Part #: OMEWTJPR10 for rear 10mm
Old Man Emu Part #: FKWTJ02 track bar bracket
Old Man Emu Part #: JWGK01 Transfer case lowering kit
Old Man Emu Part #: FK16 Bumpstops
2 Old Man Emu Part #: 60048 Rear shocks
2 Old Man Emu Part #: 60047 Front shocks

It is a 98 TJ manual trans 4.0L

I am posting this for others that may run into this. I know @Ranger_b0b is about to do this, but I don'r remember what year Jeep.

It seems like this hasn't been a problem with the newer TJ's although I am not positive that even matters. But I feel I have an enormous rake, and I have ordered the same parts as most on this site.

I sent this picture to ARB, and they called me back and agreed that it is too much rake. They told me the reason why was because I don't have a hard top and I have the heavy duty springs in the rear. He said the Heavy duty springs are for Jeeps with like 35inch tires and hard tops and back bumpers that run gas cans and such. I still question that, because I am over 200 lbs and I jump on and off of the back bumper and it doesn't barely budge. Let alone drop 2 inches.

ARB recommended that I change to the light duty springs in the rear and that will fix my issue. Right now even with the heavy springs it rides super nice. I am a little worried about changing them because I am worried the spring rate may change my ride. Not that it is out of the questions this is why I am putting it on this forum.

Their other suggestion was to take the rear 10mm(almost 1/2 inch) pad out of the rear. then add a 3/4 to the front. They told me that I cannot stack a 10mm with a 3/4 but I don't think there is any way I have a chance to level this out unless I do plus i have seen others like @bobthetj03 that does exactly that. In fact I was going to stack it with the stock pad too. I know living on the edge. If I just can't make it work I may break down and buy the light duty springs for the rear.

I am posting this to see if anybody else is having this problem or had this problem.

IMG-0043.JPG

That is a lot of rake. Why didn't you go with HD springs in the front as well?

Plus, the hardtop is no way heavy enough to drop the rear, what? 2 inches? Something is wrong here.

Did you really need the TC pucks? My 2.5" lift didn't ... no vibes at all. I would try taking them out and see how she drives.

I have just put on a OME 2.0 lift last weekend. Here is the parts list:
Old Man Emu Part #: 2942 rear springs
Old Man Emu Part #: 2933 front springs
2 Old Man Emu Part #: OMEJGF10 for front 10mm
2 Old Man Emu Part #: OMEWTJPR10 for rear 10mm
Old Man Emu Part #: FKWTJ02 track bar bracket
Old Man Emu Part #: JWGK01 Transfer case lowering kit
Old Man Emu Part #: FK16 Bumpstops
2 Old Man Emu Part #: 60048 Rear shocks
2 Old Man Emu Part #: 60047 Front shocks

It is a 98 TJ manual trans 4.0L

I am posting this for others that may run into this. I know @Ranger_b0b is about to do this, but I don'r remember what year Jeep.

It seems like this hasn't been a problem with the newer TJ's although I am not positive that even matters. But I feel I have an enormous rake, and I have ordered the same parts as most on this site.

I sent this picture to ARB, and they called me back and agreed that it is too much rake. They told me the reason why was because I don't have a hard top and I have the heavy duty springs in the rear. He said the Heavy duty springs are for Jeeps with like 35inch tires and hard tops and back bumpers that run gas cans and such. I still question that, because I am over 200 lbs and I jump on and off of the back bumper and it doesn't barely budge. Let alone drop 2 inches.

ARB recommended that I change to the light duty springs in the rear and that will fix my issue. Right now even with the heavy springs it rides super nice. I am a little worried about changing them because I am worried the spring rate may change my ride. Not that it is out of the questions this is why I am putting it on this forum.

Their other suggestion was to take the rear 10mm(almost 1/2 inch) pad out of the rear. then add a 3/4 to the front. They told me that I cannot stack a 10mm with a 3/4 but I don't think there is any way I have a chance to level this out unless I do plus i have seen others like @bobthetj03 that does exactly that. In fact I was going to stack it with the stock pad too. I know living on the edge. If I just can't make it work I may break down and buy the light duty springs for the rear.

I am posting this to see if anybody else is having this problem or had this problem.

View attachment 28648

Yup, I went through the same ordeal.

I had a 2.5L 4 cyl and ended up with too much lift. I ended up removing the kit and going with H&R+Bilstein 5100's
ome2much.jpg

That is a lot of rake. Why didn't you go with HD springs in the front as well?

Plus, the hardtop is no way heavy enough to drop the rear, what? 2 inches? Something is wrong here.

The 2933's are the HD springs for the front. It's like they sent him the wrong rear springs. FYI, I didn't stack the OME 10mm spacers with 3/4" spacers. I removed the 10mm OME spacers all together and then put in the 3/4" in place of them.

Reactions: CodaMan
This is so bizarre. I had the OME HD lift on my TJ and it was completely level (both with and without the hardtop)... here's a photo:

12115438_10206765052659151_1494386232643095271_n.jpg
12115609_10206765052619150_729166828860237728_n.jpg

Reactions: K.C. and Squatch
That front is wrong. Those aren’t the HD IMO. They might be the LD. Do you still have the box?

When I first got my OME it was more level than it is now with my front bumper and winch. But I never had that small amount of space between my front tire and the fender.

Here’s a question; did you leave the stock coil spring isolator on the front?

Also, check your measurements against mine in the PM.

Reactions: Chris
That front is wrong. Those aren’t the HD IMO. They might be the LD. Do you still have the box?

When I first got my OME it was more level than it is now with my front bumper and winch. But I never had that small amount of space between my front tire and the fender.

Here’s a question; did you leave the stock coil spring isolator on the front?

Also, check your measurements against mine in the PM.

I do not have the box anymore, but I did triple check the box and the part numbers on the springs. They were the same.

I did put in the 10MM yellow spacer front and rear and I did stack them with the stock spacer both front and rear.

I am not sure what to think. All of the parts were right numbers. I have shown this picture to ARB and they admitted the rear is the problem although they said it was because i don't have enough weight but I do have an aftermarket rear bumper and I am heavier than a hard top myself and me and 7 gallons of water barely budge the rear.

The front is definitely taller with the lift than it was and so much my pinion yoke is noticeably hire than the driveline. The rear still vibrates from a take off even with a trans lowering kit. I am guessing the rear is way too high, but I don't really know. I am hoping to see pictures of others that have this same set up to compare them.

Or I may just shit-can the OME springs, and put in H&R's still haven't decided. I don't need a ton of lift I just need it up off of the tires and levelish. and to ride good getting to my fishing hole.

I do not have the box anymore, but I did triple check the box and the part numbers on the springs. They were the same.

I did put in the 10MM yellow spacer front and rear and I did stack them with the stock spacer both front and rear.

I am not sure what to think. All of the parts were right numbers. I have shown this picture to ARB and they admitted the rear is the problem although they said it was because i don't have enough weight but I do have an aftermarket rear bumper and I am heavier than a hard top myself and me and 7 gallons of water barely budge the rear.

The front is definitely taller with the lift than it was and so much my pinion yoke is noticeably hire than the driveline. The rear still vibrates from a take off even with a trans lowering kit. I am guessing the rear is way too high, but I don't really know. I am hoping to see pictures of others that have this same set up to compare them.

Or I may just shit-can the OME springs, and put in H&R's still haven't decided. I don't need a ton of lift I just need it up off of the tires and levelish. and to ride good getting to my fishing
How much rake by measurement?

Without knowing that, I can’t be precise here, but I’d keep the springs, remove the front 10mm spacer, add a 3/4-1” spacer, and possibly remove the rear spacer.
I’ll try to dig up a pic of mine before my bumper and winch and topless and we’ll compare.

It is a little harder for me to measure the rake as my tires stick out an inch or so, but with the tires the same inflation and all matching and measuring from the top of the tire to the flare It is 2 inches of rake. It is 7 3/4 from tire to middle of flare on rear and 5 3/4 from tire to middle flare in front.

I just measured my girlfriends jeep. I am not sure what lift she has, but measured in the same spot on hers, it is 8 inches rear and 8 inches front.

Ok so if the spacers are true to spec 10mm is just shy of 1/2 inch say I pulled those out of the front and rear that would leave me with

7 1/4 rear and 5 1/4 front even if I put a one inch in the front that still leaves me an 1 inch of rake. I guess I could try that and see how that looks. but that is only to say if the spacer measurement is true.

curious to hear from H&R folk to see what their rake is?

Ok, I’d remove the rear 10 mm spacers, that will drop it to ~7 1/4”. Then remove the front 10mm spacer and add a 1.5”. that will raise it to ~6 3/4”. That’s 1/2” rake which is about perfect on a TJ

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Ok, I’d remove the rear 10 mm spacers, that will drop it to ~7 1/4”. Then remove the front 10mm spacer and add a 1.5”. that will raise it to ~6 3/4”. That’s 1/2” rake which is about perfect on a TJ

So add a 1.5 spacer to my 2 inch lift? hehe? Seems like I should just remove all of that garbage, and install a 3.5 inch spring in front. Or scrap it all, and run a 4 inch currie lift where all of the springs match.
It is starting to look like I should just order some light duty OME springs for the rear.

So many options.

So add a 1.5 spacer to my 2 inch lift? hehe? Seems like I should just remove all of that garbage, and install a 3.5 inch spring in front. Or scrap it all, and run a 4 inch currie lift where all of the springs match.

So many options.
If you have the money. Where are you going with this build? I’m thinking you don’t want a 4” Lift. Not sure what’s going on with your 98 model and that lift. It’s strange. Spacers wouldn’t be my first option, but they would be my cost effective solution.

The rake on mine doesn’t bother me, and if I put a big 33” spare on the rear it would lessen it.

That is weird. Are you sure something isn't binding up? I ordered the Medium set of springs (941's) in the rear for mine. I don't haul trailers or anything, but I do run a hard top in the spring and fall. I also had quite a bit of rake from the factory...thinking it was on the order of an inch to an inch and a half. I also didn't order the OME spacers. I already had a set of 3/4" daystar spacers so I plan on using them to level anything out that I need too. Planning on running the rear on the factory isolators and probably the 3/4" spacers up front, but won't know until I get her all done.

Good Luck! Can you exchange the HD springs for anything else?

That isn't what is in that picture is it? That looks too tall for a H&R?

The picture was OME HD that recommended by Dirk at DPG and then he recommended the light duty springs which I tried and still was around that height with major vibes. I made my own 1" full t-case drop as a temp solution but that did not fix it so I took the kit off and sold it.

H&R netted 1.5" of lift and no vibes. I rocked that till I sold it.

H&R below:

muddy jeeps_zpsznamqcgw.jpg

Reactions: StG58 and Kiwi TJ
That is weird. Are you sure something isn't binding up? I ordered the Medium set of springs (941's) in the rear for mine. I don't haul trailers or anything, but I do run a hard top in the spring and fall. I also had quite a bit of rake from the factory...thinking it was on the order of an inch to an inch and a half. I also didn't order the OME spacers. I already had a set of 3/4" daystar spacers so I plan on using them to level anything out that I need too. Planning on running the rear on the factory isolators and probably the 3/4" spacers up front, but won't know until I get her all done.

Good Luck! Can you exchange the HD springs for anything else?

Will you reply her with pictures here one way or the other. I am going to kind of wait on you to see what yours looks like before I decide. I have 3/4 spacers ready to go up front. and am ready to order either H&R's or rear 941's for the rear.

What engine do you have?

The picture was OME HD that recommended by Dirk at DPG and then he recommended the light duty springs which I tried and still was around that height with major vibes. I made my own 1" full t-case drop as a temp solution but that did not fix it so I took the kit off and sold it.

H&R netted 1.5" of lift and no vibes. I rocked that till I sold it.

H&R below:

View attachment 28679
Thanks for that;. that looks nice!

Will you reply her with pictures here one way or the other. I am going to kind of wait on you to see what yours looks like before I decide. I have 3/4 spacers ready to go up front. and am ready to order either H&R's or rear 941's for the rear.

What engine do you have?
Sure thing. I've got a rubicon as well (04) so it should be pretty apples to apples. Might be a couple weeks though. I don't plan on driving this ol girl for a couple months, so I'm in no hurry.