New OME 2.0 lift questions

It takes a bit of searching, but if you go to ARB's website
The 941 spring is the light duty rear.
So looking at your earlier post you are are at 7.5 from your tire to your flare and you have a body lift?

I am at 7 3/4 at the same place and I have not body lift. I wonder if I got some miss marked rears that are actually 4inch spring but were missmarked as 2 inch heavies?

Either way @bobthetj03 I ordered some 941's yesterday. I figured for 160 bucks it was worth the gamble, and it is what ARB recommended. If it doesn't work out I can ask ARB "Now What?" and see what they have to say, but I am starting to think I just got some bad rear springs one way or the other.

If the 941's don't work out for you, I might buy them from you. My springs have 120K miles and are 12 years old and have sagged 1/4". Maybe that's why my rig is sitting more level, lol!

Reactions: Starrs
I do have a 1.25" BL. Yours doesn't look that bad. I would just throw a 1" spacer up front and call it a day and see how that looks

My point was my rear end is taller than yours and I don't have a BL. That is weird to me with a supposed 2 inch lift.
I did buy heavy duties all of the way around. But the rear end is super tall and even with a transfer case drop it vibrates at take off. Also the rear swaybar ends don't really fit anymore. I have them in but it was pretty pissed about it. This all doesn't seem to match what others are saying about the OME 2 inch lift.

Anyhow, I did order the light duties for the rear, and we will see if that brings it down, so I don't look like Starsky and Hutch anymore.

BTW I do have a winch and winch bumper up front.

Last edited:
It takes a bit of searching, but if you go to ARB's website

If the 941's don't work out for you, I might buy them from you. My springs have 120K miles and are 12 years old and have sagged 1/4". Maybe that's why my rig is sitting more level, lol!

Wait you are running the 941's in the rear? I thought yours were heavies all of the way around. If that is the case, that sounds more and more like my issue. I should have read your receipt better.

So to clarrify, you are running 941's in the rear with or without the spacers?
and you are running the heavys up front with 3/4 spacers only nothing stacked?

Wait you are running the 941's in the rear? I thought yours were heavies all of the way around. If that is the case, that sounds more and more like my issue. I should have read your receipt better.

So to clarrify, you are running 941's in the rear with or without the spacers?
and you are running the heavys up front with 3/4 spacers only nothing stacked?

Let me clear this up. I am running the HD springs front and rear(933/942). I have removed the 10mm OME coil spacers and have installed 3/4" spacers front and rear. I have not stacked spacers. My springs have settled over the years, so with the HD springs and the 3/4" coils spacers installed, I net 2.5" of suspension lift as current. I have a winch and light minimalist front bumper, and a light rear bumper with a stock tire carrier and a 31" spare. I also don't run a back seat, so my setup is light in comparison.

The reason I mention the 941 springs, is I've considered for years to switch from the HD rear springs to the lighter springs because , in the beginning, I anticipated adding a heavy rear bumper/tire carrier which never happened, and I haul 180 lbs. of dogs on camping trips that I thought I would need the HD springs. 90% of the time I don't have any weight in the back since it's also my daily driver, so I've always felt that it runs a little stiff in the rear. I have wheeled off road in both heavy and light situations, and can feel a noticeable difference when loaded down with weight. Offroad, with weight in the back, the HD spring shine.

If you want something to compare, this is my TJR with OME LD springs front and rear & 265/75-16 tires. In the photo, it has the Dirtworx front and rear bumpers, but no extra weight other than that. Since this photo, I have added 3/4" spacers front and rear, and I am also using the oem spring isolaters.
img_0867-1-jpg.jpg

img_0874-1-jpg.jpg

Let me clear this up. I am running the HD springs front and rear(933/942). I have removed the 10mm OME coil spacers and have installed 3/4" spacers front and rear. I have not stacked spacers. My springs have settled over the years, so with the HD springs and the 3/4" coils spacers installed, I net 2.5" of suspension lift as current. I have a winch and light minimalist front bumper, and a light rear bumper with a stock tire carrier and a 31" spare. I also don't run a back seat, so my setup is light in comparison.

The reason I mention the 941 springs, is I've considered for years to switch from the HD rear springs to the lighter springs because , in the beginning, I anticipated adding a heavy rear bumper/tire carrier which never happened, and I haul 180 lbs. of dogs on camping trips that I thought I would need the HD springs. 90% of the time I don't have any weight in the back since it's also my daily driver, so I've always felt that it runs a little stiff in the rear. I have wheeled off road in both heavy and light situations, and can feel a noticeable difference when loaded down with weight. Offroad, with weight in the back, the HD spring shine.

OOOOOhhhh I thought you were running the 3/4 spacers up front only. So you really didn't do anything to level it out. You basically have the same lift front and rear, but it is pretty level.

Like you I have no weight in the rear, I don't plan on any weight other than a light trailer towing a quad or sport bike every once in a while. Rarely really, as I have a full sized pickup. I do have a dirtworx rear bumper, but it is only holding a hilift jack and a 31. I don't plan on going any taller tire, so really I have no extra weight in the rear. Even to add to that, I am getting rid of my top, and am going to run a super NX which will eliminate my bows also.

So now when my springs come in, I may just leave all of the spacers as is, and only change the rear springs, and see what that nets me. I have a full set of 3/4 Daystars standing by also in case I need them in the front or the rear. (I won't stack them). Talking to ARB after the fact, I probably should have ordered the 941's in the first place based on my set up.

My whole point of this lift was just a little 2 incher to get the flares off of the front tire. I really don't want to use the 3/4's if I don't have to. I am not looking for more height, just the 2 inches, and then level it for the most part. I don't mind a little factory rake, but I do thing 2 inches of rake on the rear on a 2 inch lift is more than I like. Especially if there is something I can do about it.

I really appreciate everybody taking time and letting me know their set-ups and experiences. It really helps a lot and is informative. Oh ya and I love pictures. Thanks again.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
If you want something to compare, this is my TJR with OME LD springs front and rear & 265/75-16 tires. In the photo, it has the Dirtworx front and rear bumpers, but no extra weight other than that. Since this photo, I have added 3/4" spacers front and rear, and I am also using the oem spring isolaters.
View attachment 28752
View attachment 28753

I would be super happy with that. That looks great! thanks for sharing.

OOOOOhhhh I thought you were running the 3/4 spacers up front only. So you really didn't do anything to level it out. You basically have the same lift front and rear, but it is pretty level.

Like you I have no weight in the rear, I don't plan on any weight other than a light trailer towing a quad or sport bike every once in a while. Rarely really, as I have a full sized pickup. I do have a dirtworx rear bumper, but it is only holding a hilift jack and a 31. I don't plan on going any taller tire, so really I have no extra weight in the rear. Even to add to that, I am getting rid of my top, and am going to run a super NX which will eliminate my bows also.

So now when my springs come in, I may just leave all of the spacers as is, and only change the rear springs, and see what that nets me. I have a full set of 3/4 Daystars standing by also in case I need them in the front or the rear. (I won't stack them). Talking to ARB after the fact, I probably should have ordered the 941's in the first place based on my set up.

My whole point of this lift was just a little 2 incher to get the flares off of the front tire. I really don't want to use the 3/4's if I don't have to. I am not looking for more height, just the 2 inches, and then level it for the most part. I don't mind a little factory rake, but I do thing 2 inches of rake on the rear on a 2 inch lift is more than I like. Especially if there is something I can do about it.

I really appreciate everybody taking time and letting me know their set-ups and experiences. It really helps a lot and is informative. Oh ya and I love pictures. Thanks again.

Let me also add this, since I forgot what I did over the years. I also had a rake, not as severe as yours, but a rake none the less. About an inch taller in the rear. I wasn't happy with that, so I removed the 10mm spacers in the rear and left the front ones on. That made it acceptable to me. I did this a long time ago, back when I was running 31's. When I moved on to 33" tires, I had to add 2" bump stop extensions to keep the tires out of the fenders. This limited my up travel, so that is when I removed the 10mm spacers all around, and replaced them with the 3/4" spacers. I know that doesn't seem like a big gain, but at the time, I was still on the stock rear drive shaft and TC drop, so adding a bunch more lift wasn't going to work for me. Why my rig still looked level after doing that is kind of a mystery. Only thing I can deduce is the rear springs settled over time and the fronts did not. Guessing here.

Let me also add this, since I forgot what I did over the years. I also had a rake, not as severe as yours, but a rake none the less. About an inch taller in the rear. I wasn't happy with that, so I removed the 10mm spacers in the rear and left the front ones on. That made it acceptable to me. I did this a long time ago, back when I was running 31's. When I moved on to 33" tires, I had to add 2" bump stop extensions to keep the tires out of the fenders. This limited my up travel, so that is when I removed the 10mm spacers all around, and replaced them with the 3/4" spacers. I know that doesn't seem like a big gain, but at the time, I was still on the stock rear drive shaft and TC drop, so adding a bunch more lift wasn't going to work for me. Why my rig still looked level after doing that is kind of a mystery. Only thing I can deduce is the rear springs settled over time and the fronts did not. Guessing here.

It is all starting to make sense now. I am starting to really get excited about the new rear springs. I still don't understand why I have so much more rake than everybody else running the same spring, but I am beginning to suspect there is some kind of voodoo magic in play here.

Here is one of my theories. Your part number is 942, but in actuality my part number is 2942. You, Chris, and others got yours many years ago, so I am thinking that now the added 2 might mean that mine are a second gen 942, which may have a slightly different formula. Or maybe they are just defective springs. Weirdly ARB says that my picture is normal, and they have seen that a million times, and that their resalers don't really do a good job marketing heavy vs light duty springs, but when I see all of your pictures, you all have heavies front and rear and are more level, and you have all shown me pictures, so really I am deducing either I have a bad set of rear springs, or since the number has changed, they are different now than they used to be.

I am hoping the 2941's will tell me the whole story when I get them in.

I also hope that if ARB is right, and this is happening a lot, that if someone that Googles this, will have a finished resolve.

It's not unheard of that they could have shipped you the wrong rear springs, or maybe they could have been misboxed or something. They sent the wrong shocks to James when he ordered his Savvy lift/Fox shocks.

ARB's coil spring spec sheet.
http://www.arbusa.com/Uploads/PDF/onlineManualsGuides/OME_Guide_current.pdf

Ya I read that yesterday as a matter of fact. That sucks so bad, but at least they owned it, and took care of it; that was really cool! Says a lot for Savvy. I have never ordered from them, but after reading that, I am more interested in what they have to say for sure. It also says a lot for this forum too because he wouldn't have even noticed if you guys didn't point that out.

Yep, part #’s were 2933 and 2942 for me too

Reactions: ac_
Ya I read that yesterday as a matter of fact. That sucks so bad, but at least they owned it, and took care of it; that was really cool! Says a lot for Savvy. I have never ordered from them, but after reading that, I am more interested in what they have to say for sure. It also says a lot for this forum too because he wouldn't have even noticed if you guys didn't point that out.
To think that 3.5-4” of bumpstopping is normal, ugh to be a first time wrangler owner :). Hoping these next shocks rock my socks.

Edit: Any good company can make a mistake, a great company owns up to their mistakes and makes it right, even 6 months post shock purchase. I hope your spring issue is resolved quickly :D