New OME 2.0 lift questions

This is way to accurate, but make sure you have a full tank of gas to. Won't that make a difference in the measurement? Mine doesn't look to much different from yours, maybe I don't have as much rake as I thought.

And back seat or no back seat. I just put my back seat in yesterday and that sucker is frickin heavy! And any tools kept in the jeep during measure. Also, add heavy tire carrier and big spare or not and winch or no winch.

Reactions: Starrs
Look at the rake on this JK and JKU. I saw both of these today almost side by side. Both look stock but rake is severe. Sorry the first pic is so bad!
D86C4D21-F14D-46CD-B8A8-D6A7E2802769.jpeg

AD95BE65-CF13-4C21-91C4-421156F5571D.jpeg

@bobthetj03 my measurements are as follows: front 16.5" rear 18". That is measuring the frame at the welds to the ground. I have a backseat in and a full size KM2. My gas tank is not full so I'll remeasure when I fill my tank up. My fender gap just looks so much different than the measurement I get from frame to ground.

Reactions: bobthetj03
@bobthetj03 my measurements are as follows: front 16.5" rear 18". That is measuring the frame at the welds to the ground. I have a backseat in and a full size KM2. My gas tank is not full so I'll remeasure when I fill my tank up. My fender gap just looks so much different than the measurement I get from frame to ground.

I'll take some measurements this week when I fuel up.

@bobthetj03 measurements with a full tank: 18" rear from frame to ground and 17" front frame to ground. Originally I had 18 rear and 16.5 front. Might have been 18.25 or so originally in the rear so I guess it came down a smudge in back but not much.

1" of rake ain't too bad. Take those 10mm spacers out of the rear and I bet it'll be about perfect.

@bobthetj03 measurements with a full tank: 18" rear from frame to ground and 17" front frame to ground. Originally I had 18 rear and 16.5 front. Might have been 18.25 or so originally in the rear so I guess it came down a smudge in back but not much.

Ok, full tank, tires at 26 psi. about 50% tread left on my KM2's, I'm 18.5" rear, 18" front.

Reactions: Starrs and Kiwi TJ
Ok, full tank, tires at 26 psi. about 50% tread left on my KM2's, I'm 18.5" rear, 18" front.
Yea I'm gonna get those 10mm spacers yanked out this week hopefully. Should make mine a little better. Still can't get over the fender gap difference tho haha. It looks way bigger in the back than it does in the front, but I only measure 1" of difference at the welds.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I have the heavy ass Mopar rock crawler front bumper and Warn winch, so our measurements lineup pretty well with my added weight up front. Pretty close

Yep, +or- variation in our tire diameters, pretty close. Keep in mind, I removed the 10mm spacers and replaced them with .75" spacers, so still looks like my springs have sagged .25" or so over the years. Not too shabby! Still a mystery why I only have a .50" rake.

Reactions: Starrs
Yep, +or- variation in our tire diameters, pretty close. Keep in mind, I removed the 10mm spacers and replaced them with .75" spacers, so still looks like my springs have sagged .25" or so over the years. Not too shabby! Still a mystery why I only have a .50" rake.
@bobthetj03 should I yank the rear spacers or yank the front spacers and add 3/4" spacers? Prolly the same either way I guess

You do realise that as you're lifting/dropping one end of the vehicle in relation to the other you're altering handling. Higher rear will give you more oversteer, more front height will promote more understeer.

Just something to keep in mind when doing this.

You do realise that as you're lifting/dropping one end of the vehicle in relation to the other you're altering handling. Higher rear will give you more oversteer, more front height will promote more understeer.

Just something to keep in mind when doing this.

I have understeer after my lift so I need to do it anyway. I will correct the alignment and the steering after I get mine to sit right. <= or the way I want it to sit. I am still waiting for my springs. Hopefully will be here by Friday so I can get them on this Saturday. By the way here is a picture of my stock rear spring in relation to the 2 inch rear heavy spring @bobthetj03.

IMG-0021.JPG