New receiver install and parking brake wire

barko1

I'm installing a new receiver/music and because it has a touch screen the instructions call for it to be wired to the parking brake so that certain functions are disabled unless you're stopped. Is there a way to easily bypass this? Seem like getting to the P brake wires is a pain in the butt, and I wonder if I can simply run that wire to another circuit where there is always switched power so everything will function. Or is there an easy way to access that wire, seems to be some unusual security fasteners or some such thing holding the console in place??? All clues appreciated. Thanks

Ground it to the head unit, should be a green wire. You should be able to remove on the head unit screws with a torx or Phillips head on the receiver.

20200401_080758.jpg
20200401_080758.jpg

Here it is, not quite a triangle but three lines out from a circle. I'll try to avoid taking it off and just try grounding the wires.

Leave those alone, the center console is held in by two torx screws each in the very front and very back of the console. They are under the cup holder inserts.

Edit: I think the only security screws you'd ever find on a TJ are on the ignition lock-cylinder and they are T10 tamper resistant torx

Reactions: Apparition