Arizona New River Canyon Saturday 2/11

DaveC

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Let's do a Saturday run in AZ! Couple of options/suggestions...

Sedona - Outlaw, Greasy Spoon, Broken Arrow, others...??? A reliable source tells me tourist activity should be minimal, so no crowds to deal with.

OR

New River to Seven Springs. Start at I17/Table Mesa, finish up in Cave Creek.

Who's in?

@RINC @Farmergreg @xXDavidCXx @PurpleTJAZ @KcTj @Blackiosh @starkey480 @Chris @nk24 @Jamison C @Rooscooter @kmas0n @5632 @Pressurized @R3ID05TJ @JHammett @Pantera99 @TominAZ @Arizona LJ @UglyDuck @beaufrusetta @powdaman @Brewpubjim @Arthurius @Havasu @Dale W @ToddL @il buono

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Havasu and RINC
Let's do a Saturday run in AZ! Couple of options/suggestions...

Sedona - Outlaw, Greasy Spoon, Broken Arrow, others...??? A reliable source tells me tourist activity should be minimal, so no crowds to deal with.

OR

New River to Seven Springs. Start at I17/Table Mesa, finish up in Cave Creek.

Who's in?

@RINC @Farmergreg @xXDavidCXx @PurpleTJAZ @KcTj @Blackiosh @starkey480 @Chris @nk24 @Jamison C @Rooscooter @kmas0n @5632 @Pressurized @R3ID05TJ @JHammett @Pantera99 @TominAZ @Arizona LJ @UglyDuck @beaufrusetta @powdaman @Brewpubjim @Arthurius @Havasu @Dale W @ToddL @il buono

I would be down for a New River to Seven Springs run.

I'd be up for the New River/ Seven Springs.
How about running it the other direction so we aren't driving into the morning sun?

I think I would be able to make that one... New River to Seven Springs.

With the Super bowl on Sunday the 12th, looks like 2/11 is best for the majority. Greg, good call on going east to west to avoid driving directly into the morning sun like last time, so we'll run the trail from east to west (opposite of what's listed in the New River Canyon link below), starting in Cave Cave Creek and finishing up at I17/Table Mesa Rd.

Date: Saturday, 2/11

Trail: Cave Creek (https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1701-cave-creek) to New River Canyon (https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1900-new-river-canyon) to I17

Time: 8:00am meet up/air down at Waypoint 1 of the Cave Creek trail (33.9004931319505,-111.82434534654021), roll out by 8:30am

Bring water, snacks, lunch and recovery gear. I have both CB and GMRS; bring whatever comms you've got, we'll determine what to run based on what's on hand. Sunny and temps in the 70s should make it a perfect day on the trail!

Who's in??

• USA Proud
Reactions: Farmergreg and RINC
I am in. @DaveC , do you want to leave from Gilbert together?

That'll work! Planning to leave about 6:45 and stop to top off the gas at the Shell station just west of Pima and Cave Creek before we get out in the sticks. Meet at the Circle K on the SW corner of Cooper/Baseline at 6:45?

That'll work! Planning to leave about 6:45 and stop to top off the gas at the Shell station just west of Pima and Cave Creek before we get out in the sticks. Meet at the Circle K on the SW corner of Cooper/Baseline at 6:45?

Sure, see you then.

Sure, see you then.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Farmergreg
I just remember the visibility into the sun was harsh on that trip a couple years ago.
I'll see you there.

My friends, I have made a terrible mistake. I forgot my Jeep us undriveable above 55MPH due to front DS vibes. It is also super bowl weekend and I will most certainly get Hillary Clinton'd driving 55mph on i17. I need to get that solved before I can make any trips down south :(

My friends, I have made a terrible mistake. I forgot my Jeep us undriveable above 55MPH due to front DS vibes. It is also super bowl weekend and I will most certainly get Hillary Clinton'd driving 55mph on i17. I need to get that solved before I can make any trips down south :(

Easy fix. Pull the front shaft. 2WD is OK on this trail.

But sure, if you don't want to hang with us. I understand.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition