New Rubicon, what would you do with it?

Update on my TJ.
Took it on its first trail ride for me on Ruby Falls trail near Cadomin AB. Did well but needs a fair amount of work to get it where I want it.

So far I have replaced the engine oil, trans oil, front and rear differential oil, and the coolant. Still need to do the tcase and brake fluid changes.

Aside from fluids the suspension is pretty much shot on the passenger side and I plan on replacing with the 2 inch EMU lift.
Fenders I'm undecided between the poison spyder and metal cloak fenders. Want something with added clearance without having to cut the hood and that doesn't look overly aggressive for daily driving.

Brakes need addressing, is it worth it to replace the stock brakes or is there a common upgrade among frugal tj owners?

The rest is primarily cosmetic but overall I'm happy with my new Jeep! Here's some pictures of it on the trail. (no I don't have disconnects my end links were just broken off since I bought it.. Now I just have a deleted sway bar.😂 )

Oh and I fabbed up a stubby bumper from the stock one and swapped in my 10k wireless waterproof winch from my last JK.

View attachment 83216

View attachment 83217

Reactions: Alex01
Great photos. Have you considered an antirock?

Beautiful country up there! Do your research on fenders. Unless you're willing to raise the deck of the fenders by cutting the hood or buying a hi-line hood, you really aren't gaining much clearance, at least not enough to warrant the cost and labor to replace the fenders, IMO.

Reactions: 4x4Dan
I remember seeing this for sale on Kijiji not too long ago. Sharp looking rig for sure, how is the ruby area this time of year? been debating whether I want to make to 4 hour trip out there.

I remember seeing this for sale on Kijiji not too long ago. Sharp looking rig for sure, how is the ruby area this time of year? been debating whether I want to make to 4 hour trip out there.

Yup I'm the poor sucker who bought it! Lol. For 9 grand even with all the work I've put into it so far I feel like I got a decent deal.

It was hard wheeling a few weeks ago when I went, I went right after they got a foot or so of snow and to many drifts to make it there without lots of recoveries.

I went last November in the snow and it was a breeze. Where abouts are you from? Next time you or I head out to Cadomin we should meet up. Love it down there, so many beautiful trails.

I do plan on running antirock front and rear. Front first and then rear when I can afford it. After looking into it I'd way prefer the antirock over disconnects.
Do some more research on the rear. From what I gather the stock one will work great.

Yup I'm the poor sucker who bought it! Lol. For 9 grand even with all the work I've put into it so far I feel like I got a decent deal.

It was hard wheeling a few weeks ago when I went, I went right after they got a foot or so of snow and to many drifts to make it there without lots of recoveries.

I went last November in the snow and it was a breeze. Where abouts are you from? Next time you or I head out to Cadomin we should meet up. Love it down there, so many beautiful trails.

You got a good deal I'd say. I'm out of Calgary, normally go to McLean or Ghost but not up north yet, would love a change of scenery. Once my jeep is running I'd love to meet up and go, especially since I've got no mapping for anything north of Caroline

Reactions: 4x4Dan
Keep your stock rear sway bar - the rear involves a lot of custom welding and working the angles. I helped a buddy install a rear and it didn’t get him the results he was expecting. The stock rear is small and doesn’t do significant limiting of flex unless it’s a custom built rig that needs it!

Keep your stock rear sway bar - the rear involves a lot of custom welding and working the angles. I helped a buddy install a rear and it didn’t get him the results he was expecting. The stock rear is small and doesn’t do significant limiting of flex unless it’s a custom built rig that needs it!

The stock rear seems to do fine with 12" travel shocks. The immediate issue I see are the links being exposed.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat