New Savvy Gas Tank Skid Design

I'd still get Savvy. I think Savvy still has the value to weight. Their design is now a bit closer to Metalcloaks but Metalcloak's rear section is aluminum. I don't love that cutout design.. It might be nice if they offered it as an option but understand why they are doing it.

I don't love how it looks like there will be bolt heads on the underside. Those are going to get abused.
I think some flat head socket screws would go nicely in those locations. I wonder what the final product will look like.

Reactions: JeepingNet
I'd still get Savvy. I think Savvy still has the value to weight. Their design is now a bit closer to Metalcloaks but Metalcloak's rear section is aluminum. I don't love that cutout design..
One thing for sure, the new cutout design was not done as a cost-saving thing. Savvy owner Gerald Lee likes that it doesn't trap dirt, sand, or mud as well as the previous design did.

Reactions: JeepingNet
With the change in design, is there any reason to choose a different gas tank skid over the Savvy skid?

I dented mine within 6 months, but I still wouldn't go with anything else. There isn't anything that offers comparable weight and clearance.

Reactions: fuse
although I would have run (maybe even preferred) the old welded design I didn't get around to ordering until the new model started shipping.

Installed it last week and I have to say Install was stupid easy and I cant wait to put it to good use.

The side plates come pre installed and everything else was very nicely secured.

Im still getting used to the cutouts, but they're not a deal breaker by any means.

Signal sucks now but ill post up pictures in a couple days if anyone's interested

although I would have run (maybe even preferred) the old welded design I didn't get around to ordering until the new model started shipping.

Installed it last week and I have to say Install was stupid easy and I cant wait to put it to good use.

The side plates come pre installed and everything else was very nicely secured.

Im still getting used to the cutouts, but they're not a deal breaker by any means.

Signal sucks now but ill post up pictures in a couple days if anyone's interested
I’m still waiting on photos

I’m still waiting on photos

16213645079426868646802509386246.jpg
16213645324981979930354573085270.jpg

IMG_20210430_234238784.jpg

IMG_20210501_090749748.jpg

16213645646802865441232145387212.jpg

That was one of my main concerns with the new design, but they aren't even close. The rounded curves of the tank give it a good half inch of clearance at every bolt.
Why didn’t they just make the sides out of solid aluminum?I guess you could just install a couple thin plates over them

Why didn’t they just make the sides out of solid aluminum?I guess you could just install a couple thin plates over them
If it bothers you paint it black to match the gas tank and no one will ever notice it. Or just buy a different skid. Or zip tie some sheet metal to it, that'll clean it up...

If it bothers you paint it black to match the gas tank and no one will ever notice it. Or just buy a different skid. Or zip tie some sheet metal to it, that'll clean it up...
I do like the way it squares off the sides though,maybe cover them with some thin aluminum