New Savvy Gas Tank Skid Design

starkey480

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Just saw this on Instagram
3057564F-4550-4FB5-A9B7-B190AE111C04.jpg

Bolted vs welded. I don't know enough to believe that is really stronger. Or if it needed to be stronger.

If it's easier to manufacture, I hope they pass those savings on to the consumer. Somehow, their uncut corner armor costs more than the uncut.

Reactions: D M and starkey480
I’m guessing not having to weld the vertical portions and bolting them on instead helps the manufacturing process. Maybe that’s also what makes it stronger? I’m curious about all the cutouts

Reactions: AMS417
More like MC now. Except the Savvy can be raised 1" for Jeeps with a BL. Savvy design is better. I have the MC (it was a gift) and its ok. Just wish I could raise the tank when I add the BL like Savvy.

I was just about to gripe about one of my pet peeves... Savvy raining on my "I gotta new skid plate parade" by sending me mismatched hardware until I read the (misspelled) caption of the picture.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamesval035
I like what they did with your design @mrblaine. I am guessing Katie was the brilliant mind behind this “update”? 😆

I wonder how many people realize this is a troll and how many people think it’s serious 😆

I’m curious what’s stronger about it and why that makes the manufacturing process easier. What do you think @mrblaine
Generally it is the same thing. Customers failure to understand what constitutes a failure and what doesn't. If the skid did not allow the tank to move and it still holds fuel, it had done its job regardless of whether or not the welds cracked. Customers were trying to warranty the skids due to cracked welds and no other reason. The skids have never had a single failure. Rather than educate the customer, they succumbed to customer ignorance.

Wait, so this is actually serious 🤦🏻

I thought this was a big joke. 😆

What a way to kickstart 2021. Maybe we can cut some holes all over my Savvy bumper as well.