New Savvy Gas Tank Skid Design

Generally it is the same thing. Customers failure to understand what constitutes a failure and what doesn't. If the skid did not allow the tank to move and it still holds fuel, it had done its job regardless of whether or not the welds cracked. Customers were trying to warranty the skids due to cracked welds and no other reason. The skids have never had a single failure. Rather than educate the customer, they succumbed to customer ignorance.

This sounds eerily familiar to the guy who took his TJ on 33s and Savvy under armor who went off-roading in JV, smacked the skid on a rock, and was then rather upset about how the skid plate was all bent out of shape.

The skid did it's job, but somehow it was supposed to do more than it was designed to do.

Reactions: Kevin Q
I just put a review of the Savvy skid on my youtube site a few minutes ago. I didn't think it could be improved but that new design looks interesting since they eliminated all their sexy aluminum welding.

This sounds eerily familiar to the guy who took his TJ on 33s and Savvy under armor who went off-roading in JV, smacked the skid on a rock, and was then rather upset about how the skid plate was all bent out of shape.

The skid did it's job, but somehow it was supposed to do more than it was designed to do.
Wait, I have a big dent in my Savvy gas tank skid... does that mean it was defective? Should I ask for a replacement? I mean....

:D

To be honest, I hit the thing so hard I broke a tooth... but it still holds gas!

Wait, I have a big dent in my Savvy gas tank skid... does that mean it was defective? Should I ask for a replacement? I mean....

:D

To be honest, I hit the thing so hard I broke a tooth... but it still holds gas!

Don't forget about the guys who take their Currie steering out and somehow manage to bend it, then get their panties in a bunch about having a bent Currie tie-rod, prompting Savvy to design a replacement tie-rod that won't bend. ;)

Don't forget about the guys who take their Currie steering out and somehow manage to bend it, then get their panties in a bunch about having a bent Currie tie-rod, prompting Savvy to design a replacement tie-rod that won't bend. ;)
You mean like @tworley, @jjvw, and myself lol. And I'm sure a few others.

I think each one of us though just bent it back though or ordered a regular tie rod (both in my case). My cure was to flip the tie rod.

At the end of the day it's better to bend a tie rod than bust a knuckle. Also, don't you have the savvy tie rod???? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: tworley and jjvw
You mean like @tworley, @jjvw, and myself lol. And I'm sure a few others.

I think each one of us though just bent it back though or ordered a regular tie rod (both in my case). My cure was to flip the tie rod.

At the end of the day it's better to bend a tie rod than bust a knuckle. Also, don't you have the savvy tie rod???? :ROFLMAO:

In my defense, mine came with the Savvy tie-rod. Had it not came with it, I likely would have just stuck with the Currie tie-rod.

Like you said, it's better to bend a tie rod than to bust a knuckle, right?

I'm going to have Blaine do the tie-rod flip on mine, so hopefully it's never an issue I run into.

Reactions: Alex01
@Alex01 . I got the original. No complaints.

15437068-9533-45B2-8720-BC2FBECD251A.jpeg

0D40AB25-B69E-4DFF-9228-1F5C6F6C4278.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Alex01
Well, I’m assuming there is 40 original skids in stock on their website, so get it before they start selling the new version, unless that is it..hmm.

Reactions: JMT
In my defense, mine came with the Savvy tie-rod. Had it not came with it, I likely would have just stuck with the Currie tie-rod.

Like you said, it's better to bend a tie rod than to bust a knuckle, right?

I'm going to have Blaine do the tie-rod flip on mine, so hopefully it's never an issue I run into.

I've bent my Currie steering the twice since the tie rod flip. Don't do it! ;)