New TJ Frames

David Kishpaugh, that's the name I couldn't remember.

And how nice would it be to have all the fab stuff done to the frame and suspension that needs to be done right up front, and correctly? That would be worth the price of admission right there. Frame, suspension, axles and brakes.

I know it's entertaining to modify your TJ yourself, but having it work the way it's supposed to has got to be worth something. Right?

I agree. And I know not everyone would be able to afford it (or want it), but I am one of those guys who is so jeep obsessed I would pay 10k for it, haha!

Shit, just the fact that it would be less prone to rust than the stock frame is worth the price of admission alone.

Reactions: StG58
What a fantasy! Start out with a good TJ frame on a flat bed trailer. Drive it around to all these guy's shops to have them work their magic. Drag it home and put the body and the rest of the running gear in. Insta-Jeep! You'd have to paint it some obnoxious color like Optic Yellow or do the whole "Hello Kitty" paint scheme on it. Something that screams "I'm so bad ass that I can get away with ugly!". Then take it out and put dents in it at your favorite off road place. I saw a JK like that up in Puget Sound at an off road park. He was either sponsored or really, really liked stickers. The front suspension and axle were worth more than my whole TJ is. He went about half way up the boulder garden, did a three point turn, and went back down. Awe inspiring. I guess that just going up and then back down would have been boring or something.

Anyway, there's a source for new TJ frames, and Blain was kind enough to point out some potential issues and differences to be aware of. It's all grist for the mill.

Reactions: Chris