New TJ Owner!

justinhustle

TJ Enthusiast
Whats going on, I just got my first Jeep, a 2003 Wrangler Sport with 25k one owner miles on it :biggrin:
Pretty excited to start the never ending mod process. I already tore out the factory speakers and replaced with some Kickers, blown sub is up next.

This wont be my first project, I used to have a 1995 Nissan 240sx that I invested way too much of my money and youth into.

The search function here has been amazing for me already :)

When I was in my 20s (15 years ago), I had a 240SX that I swapped a SR20DET into. Those are fun cars, though they are definitely meant for the younger crowd I feel like.

Post some photos of your TJ when you get a chance!

Reactions: justinhustle
Stone White and I know I gotta get some photos asap, especially since I am photographer for a living lol.

Congratulations on the purchase. What color?
This thread is worthless without pics

I had an sr20det then I had the first 1jz swap, won hot import nights about 10 times, cover of banzai magazine and few other jdm ones. here's a link - http://zilvia.net/f/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=57

When I was in my 20s (15 years ago), I had a 240SX that I swapped a SR20DET into. Those are fun cars, though they are definitely meant for the younger crowd I feel like.

Post some photos of your TJ when you get a chance!

Reactions: skrelnik and Chris
Stone White and I know I gotta get some photos asap, especially since I am photographer for a living lol.

I had an sr20det then I had the first 1jz swap, won hot import nights about 10 times, cover of banzai magazine and few other jdm ones. here's a link - http://zilvia.net/f/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=57

Odd, that link isn't working for me for some reason.

Either way, totally different worlds in terms of the scene, huh?

Odd, that link isn't working for me for some reason.

Either way, totally different worlds in terms of the scene, huh?

not sure why that link didnt work, but yes totally different worlds. I moved on from nissan stuff to vw/audi but still kinda miss it.

Here's a few photos

HPIM1578xx.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

Reactions: mots and Chris
not sure why that link didnt work, but yes totally different worlds. I moved on from nissan stuff to vw/audi but still kinda miss it.

Here's a few photos

View attachment 48759

View attachment 48760

What VW/Audi platform are you on. I have a b7 A4 avant, have not done anything major yet but updated the head unit and added a Milltek exhaust.

Whats going on, I just got my first Jeep, a 2003 Wrangler Sport with 25k one owner miles on it :biggrin:
Pretty excited to start the never ending mod process. I already tore out the factory speakers and replaced with some Kickers, blown sub is up next.

This wont be my first project, I used to have a 1995 Nissan 240sx that I invested way too much of my money and youth into.

The search function here has been amazing for me already :)

For your center console sub, an easy install is the kicker shallow mount 6.75", throw a small amp and you are good. Amps can fit under the steering column, if you locate a mini amp, and there are a few out there.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Jeep.

What VW/Audi platform are you on. I have a b7 A4 avant, have not done anything major yet but updated the head unit and added a Milltek exhaust.

For your center console sub, an easy install is the kicker shallow mount 6.75", throw a small amp and you are good. Amps can fit under the steering column, if you locate a mini amp, and there are a few out there.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Jeep.

I had a b6 s4 with a ton of apr upgrades. Sold that and got a 2011 g37x that I couldn’t stand lol. So I got a mk6 Jetta sport, a few apr upgrades (ecu, intake, exhaust) my wife has a 2018 Tiguan se awd.

I saw the kicker sub threads, I installed kicker 5.25’s in my dash and sound bar now. Do I need to run an amp for the new speakers and a new amp for the sub, I still have the factory head unit?

Reactions: skrelnik
Welcome! Let's see those photos, sounds like nice pickup. That is a nice 240, always loved those cars. Such nice lines. I had a '90 300zx that I loved and eventually sold. But now, another Jeep/VW guy here...2005 X RME and 2015 VW Golf w/ 2017 GTI turbo, DP, JB4, ~300WHP depending on how much boost I feed her ;)

I had a b6 s4 with a ton of apr upgrades. Sold that and got a 2011 g37x that I couldn’t stand lol. So I got a mk6 Jetta sport, a few apr upgrades (ecu, intake, exhaust) my wife has a 2018 Tiguan se awd.

I saw the kicker sub threads, I installed kicker 5.25’s in my dash and sound bar now. Do I need to run an amp for the new speakers and a new amp for the sub, I still have the factory head unit?

I've been thinking of the tune for the b7, but I prefer to spend money on the Jeep, so the Audi is on the back burner for now. APR tune looks sweet as well, and I poke around the Audi forums looking for a deal but have yet to find one.

An amplifier would help out, not needed, but if you find yourself cranking up the volume then you could damage the head unit, and create sound clipping.

You can get a decent amp, 5 channel, for like a $150, the Soundstream PN5.640D Picasso Nano is perfect for you. That an amplifier kit (wires and stuff) and your system will crank. I recommend that no matter what direction you go, consider adding polyfill to the overhead pods.

That's one thing I don't miss. My old E39 M5 and E46 M3 were fun to drive, but I hated having to always be avoiding every imperfection in the road.

Did you really hate it, or are you telling yourself that so you dont come home with an E60 M5? Avoiding potholes and road imperfections was kind of fun, like a downhill slalom skier.

Welcome! Let's see those photos, sounds like nice pickup. That is a nice 240, always loved those cars. Such nice lines. I had a '90 300zx that I loved and eventually sold. But now, another Jeep/VW guy here...2005 X RME and 2015 VW Golf w/ 2017 GTI turbo, DP, JB4, ~300WHP depending on how much boost I feed her ;)

Excellent! I had a 90 z32 tt before too, loved that car.

I've been thinking of the tune for the b7, but I prefer to spend money on the Jeep, so the Audi is on the back burner for now. APR tune looks sweet as well, and I poke around the Audi forums looking for a deal but have yet to find one.

An amplifier would help out, not needed, but if you find yourself cranking up the volume then you could damage the head unit, and create sound clipping.

You can get a decent amp, 5 channel, for like a $150, the Soundstream PN5.640D Picasso Nano is perfect for you. That an amplifier kit (wires and stuff) and your system will crank. I recommend that no matter what direction you go, consider adding polyfill to the overhead pods.

I can’t decide if I want to do the headunit or not. I can’t make my mind up lol. I enjoy the stock look since it doesn’t have pwl/alarm.

Ecs tuning always has deals on the apr tunes, totally with the $499.

Did you really hate it, or are you telling yourself that so you dont come home with an E60 M5? Avoiding potholes and road imperfections was kind of fun, like a downhill slalom skier.

I hated the cost. Those M5s are no joke. Honest to goodness one of the most expensive vehicles you’ll ever own in terms of parts and maintenance. It’s absolutely absurd.

Welcome to the forum.....White a colour well liked here....looking forward to seeing what it looks like.
Here in NZ the Jap scene is pretty big as 90% of our cars here are imports from Asia.....