New TJ owner

DizzyRoc

I usually don't involve myself in these beginner posts but I have more respect for jeep owners than the other groups I'm in.

So back to basics I am a CJ owner and a yJ, my fiance was just given a tj by her parents as a gift. Me being the one that is supposed to be responsible for all of them... I'm getting lost within the manuals and info ive been seeing on this forum.

It goes down to basic things like the intake and battery are on the wrong side compared to most of the pictures you guys have posted and from the manuals have said. But its still just a basic sport model with the 4.0 6cyl

I added a picture of the body and motor if anyone can shed some light on the things im overlooking i would be greatly appreciative

20180831_073013.jpg

20181006_153034.jpg

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Maybe I'm a little tipsy, but all that looks normal and correct to me.

Is there a specific question on something I can help answer for you?

Intake and battery are on passenger side.

its saturday and I think we are both on the same page. Thanks for the welcome first of all. The specific question I had was posted in the general forum. Since you both are saying the same thing as far everything looks likes its on the correct side i guess i just got a bad manual, cuz something simple like the intake and battery it says is on the driver side vs mine being on the passenger side.

I know there are alot variations between models but I didnt think it varied that much

Weird. You can download the factory service manual. That's what I would use for reference. But I can assure you my intake and battery are passenger side :)

With the sport model I bet you also have a Dana 44 in the rear.

I'll look into downloading the FSM. What threw me off was the charcoal canister, intake and the battery. The haynes manual I have in hand right now threw me off by saying that the intake and battery were on the driver side.

Definitely download the FSM for your Jeep. Haynes, Chiltons, etc, information can be pretty broad at times.

Geez , you got a TJ and they pushed their daughter off on you . Man .

Welcome... Wow !! you have the trifecta CJ, YJ and now a TJ ….This is the Jeep version of the Chevy tri-five lol

Plenty of help here, whether you want it or not haha