New TJ owner

CHADT

Supporting Member
The very first Jeep I ever wanted in the early 2000’s was a Rubicon but being just a couple years out of high school without direction except being destined to join the Marine Corps it wasn’t going to happen on my minimum wage paychecks back then.

quite a few years latter I happened into a couple of YJ’ and they were nice but just didn’t stay around long. After a good span of no Jeeps the wife and I decided this month to each get new ones. She got JLUR since she hauls the kids mostly and I got a JLR. My desire never really went away for the Rubicon I wanted so so bad as young guy and lo and behold this weekend one fell into my lap locally. It’s a 2004 98k miles and one owner all original and not modified, dual tops and all records of dealer services every 3k miles. Even has the window sticker in the glove box still. The older couple traded it in on Saturday at a local dealer and I just happened to see the ad and bought it before they even listed it. I may have over paid at $16k OTD from the dealer but I liked the color and the fact it has been in this area its life and is rust free

60E30573-F9E1-4241-98C1-39071A9C7F98.jpeg

E63539CA-1DA6-47DA-BDCE-9B9B5B39CCDC.jpeg

6303E524-1295-40E7-8FA1-8C3734E15969.jpeg

F5561C80-D549-49E2-A777-9F35C70DAE52.jpeg

3E487D02-BE24-4744-B329-6006A67BF42D.jpeg

EA460E36-734F-4BD9-8D06-F2443B703515.jpeg

484D695A-FA59-4633-860E-61A4ED404D9A.jpeg

F613FDB7-5335-4D39-AD6A-9CDEE90C8512.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn, that's one hell of a clean Rubicon, nicely done!

Do you have any plans for it, or just going to keep it mostly stock?

Damn, that's one hell of a clean Rubicon, nicely done!

Do you have any plans for it, or just going to keep it mostly stock?
I'm going to try and keep it mostly stock for now but if I cant resist the urge it would be small modifications like maybe 3.5" Metalcloak lift to replace the probably tired factory coils and just a slightly larger more aggressive tire. It wont get wheeled hard or very much at all most likely as I would just use my JL for that

Thank you, I like the look of that 3.5" Metalcloak on yours. If I lift it that's what I'm using and the look I want
Thanks! 3.5 inch lift and a 1.25 body lift on mine, with some 285/75r16s. It's done me well over the past few years off-roading. Highly recommend looking at getting the double adjustable arms, at a minimum for the uppers. Really would have made my life easier in terms of adjustments over the years.

Thanks! 3.5 inch lift and a 1.25 body lift on mine, with some 285/75r16s. It's done me well over the past few years off-roading. Highly recommend looking at getting the double adjustable arms, at a minimum for the uppers. Really would have made my life easier in terms of adjustments over the years.

Funny thing about the color I told myself without really knowing all the colors they offered back then that a tan color would be my grail color but I would settle on just about anything else especially a silver or gray. When it turned out this one was khaki I was ecstatic

Funny thing about the color I told myself without really knowing all the colors they offered back then that a tan color would be my grail color but I would settle on just about anything else especially a silver or gray. When it turned out this one was khaki I was ecstatic
I'm a big fan of silver and white Jeeps but when i set my sights on a Rubihara, it only came in Khaki. Sold my old CJ 5 and a day later this one showed up within 150 miles of my house. I knew it was meant to be. ;). 2nd owner, bought it with 51k on the odo.

I don't think you overpaid at all. Sounds like a fair price for an unmolested Rubi with low miles. Clean too!

So that is what my Jeep looked like when it was stock. Very nice. Have the same Jeep, but is a 2003, with 60K miles. Is also a bit modified by the previous owners and myself...

Reactions: JeepZilla380