New TJ to site, 03 Sport

Jbizzle15

Hello all,
New to the page and to my 03 sport. It needs some love in all the right places but had low miles and great bones that I felt like I could work with. This is my 4th wrangler and second TJ. My first was a 95 YJ that I bought in 2001 from a guy at a gas station for 4500 bucks. Times have changed a lot since then and so has the value on these things. I’ve told my wife for years I was going to buy another TJ, I wanted one while there was still a few decent ones left. Like this site says, last great wrangler made...I do believe that. Finally I have made that purchase and so begins making it mine...my touch on it. More pics to come, don’t hate on the angry bird grill or diamond plate garbage on the rear, some poor sap didn’t know any better. It’s all coming off though! ;)

2892C78C-2F32-4C47-B982-5DE449729981.jpeg

Same color as mine!

Yep, get that grille off there and it will look way, way better!

I’ll tell you what, these things certainly hold their value!

Ahhh, I missed the diamond plate corners! Ugh, why do people do that stuff? It just looks wrong.

Either way, the good thing is that these are all easy fixes.

Welcome back to Wranglers, and especially the TJ! I’m looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

Welcome back to Wranglers, and especially the TJ! I’m looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

Thanks! It has a rough country lift on it right now plus a small body lift. I’m not a huge fan of the rough country or the body lift....those will probably be the first major thing I tackle. It’s got a ton of body roll and I feel like that’s a big part of it.

Welcome to the Forum:)

One clean looking TJ.

Just so you know; among the list of the "Top 2,000 Most Offensive Things to Snowflakes," is the angry-bird-grille--which comes-in at #1708. Unless you're traipsing about the PNW however, you're relatively safe:)

Welcome to the Forum:)

One clean looking TJ.

Just so you know; among the list of the "Top 2,000 Most Offensive Things to Snowflakes," is the angry-bird-grille--which comes-in at #1708. Unless you're traipsing about the PNW however, you're relatively safe:)
Haha! That’s some good to know info! I’ll stear clear until I yank that guy off.

yeah get those rc shocks off and put some Rancho 5000x ones on....the springs are probably fine so keep them. body lift is up to you.
Think that would work? I had thought about replacing just the schocks initially but had kind of settled on an OME 2” lift...just eliminate any guess work with the suspension.

This is true and a good point. I’ll have to decide on something soon. Are you running the rancho shocks? If so have you had good luck with them?

Reactions: spieta82
Yes I am running them and they in itself made a huge difference in drive ability. For the money you can't beat them. They usually run a buy 3 and get one free at least a couple times a year.