New TJ

Ishyg33

Howdy Y'all,
I've been a jeep enthusiasts for years, mostly with the cherokee and even a renegade for a while, but have never gotten to scratch that itch for a wrangler. Bought this beauty a few weeks ago. '04 Rubicon 5 speed in patriot blue with 48xxx miles. Have a front bumper on the way as the one that is on it appears to be more utilitarian than I'd need. Also have a 2.5 in lift coming in and some bushwacker fender flares. Any other modifications or additions y'all could lend?

20210920_185452.jpg

Last edited:
that's a nice Jeep man! all I can say is DO RESEARCH!
seriously 99% of the important mods for a TJ are undetectable by the average civilian aka everything driveline

Howdy Y'all,
I've been jeep enthusiasts for years, mostly with the cherokee and even a renegade for a while, but have never gotten to scratch that itch for a wrangler. Bought this beauty a few weeks ago. '04 Rubicon 5 speed in patriot blue with 48xxx miles. Have a front bumper on the way as the one that is on it appears to be more utilitarian than I'd need. Also have a 2.5 in lift coming in and some bushwacker fender flares. Any other modifications or additions y'all could lend?

View attachment 280294

Welcome to the forums and nice looking TJ! That is one of the lowest mileage TJ Rubicons I've seen in a while! I believe you want to replace the the Oil Pump Drive Assembly, if it goes bad your motor is gone. I need to find the part number again.

-Grant

Welcome to the forums and nice looking TJ! That is one of the lowest mileage TJ Rubicons I've seen in a while! I believe you want to replace the the Oil Pump Drive Assembly, if it goes bad your motor is gone. I need to find the part number again.

-Grant
Appreciate the help Grant, definitely got her for a steal. Out the door less than 13k.

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
As y'all can see from the photo, previous owners threw some 31s down there without any sort of lift. There is about maybe 2-3 inches of clearance in the front tires to the fenders. I ordered a 2.5 coil lift from Skyjacker (coils only) and got a set of Rancho RS5000X shocks to run with it. Currently I'm wanting to gain more clearance in the front and leave the 31s as I plan to continue to DD it. Eventually, I'd like to upgrade to a 4 inch lift and 33s/35s when I can make the Jeep more my of weekend offroad vehicle and no longer need to daily it. Any thoughts?