New to Forum from AZ

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Hello,

I am AC

I live in Arizona, I have had lots of different Jeeps then I didn't have any. I have had an old m38a, cj5, cj7, YJ, and JK. I have never had a TJ. My YJ, was really tricked out when I sold it about 10 years ago. I got into different hobbies for a while, but then I found this TJ, and it is pretty clean, and a clean slate. I am excited to be back into the Jeep hobby again.

I am starting out slow with it, and just enjoying it for now. I have had the Jeep for a week now and the only mods I have done so far is a CB, and a fire extinguisher. Oh ya and a new yellow top Optima. I also mounted a dual power plug port in the back for charging RC Car batteries and what not, in the back of the Jeep. That is about it.

I am happy that I found you guys, and look forward to the correspondence.

98Tj.jpg

98Tj.jpg

Nice TJ! Welcome aboard! Look forward to it.

Nice buy, that's a great looking TJ!

With the crazy heat in Arizona, do you usually have the top off?

Nice TJ! Welcome aboard! Look forward to it.
Nice Jeep! I just put used chrome rims on my red 2000 TJ thinking I would be painting them. but now that they are on, I am liking it!!! Wondering if you have a picture of the dual power plug port you installed in the back of your jeep? I am wanting to replace the cigarette lighter in the front because the casing around it is smashed. Thought I would see what you did and if I could make it work. Thanks and welcome :)

Nice Jeep! I just put used chrome rims on my red 2000 TJ thinking I would be painting them. but now that they are on, I am liking it!!! Wondering if you have a picture of the dual power plug port you installed in the back of your jeep? I am wanting to replace the cigarette lighter in the front because the casing around it is smashed. Thought I would see what you did and if I could make it work. Thanks and welcome :)

Thanks everybody for the flowers. I already feel at home.

Kathy, I don't have a picture on the front one handy, but I replaced that one too because mine was pushed all of the way in. The new power plug fit right in the hole no issues. I did have to splice on new ends, but that was it. Rear though as requested:

rearpowerplug.jpg

Thanks everybody for the flowers. I already feel at home.

Kathy, I don't have a picture on the front one handy, but I replaced that one too because mine was pushed all of the way in. The new power plug fit right in the hole no issues. I did have to splice on new ends, but that was it. Rear though as requested:

View attachment 17758
Thanks! The casing is broke around the front one so trying to come up with something like this to fit in the space.

IMG_3803.JPG

Thanks! The casing is broke around the front one so trying to come up with something like this to fit in the space.

The cigarette lighter casing or the panel it is in. I will take a picture of mine in the next couple of days, so maybe you can see what I did. I will post it on thread for you so keep checking back. Might even get out tonight and do it, but it is 8:30PM and it is still 115F haha.

IMG_3803.JPG
The cigarette lighter casing or the panel it is in. I will take a picture of mine in the next couple of days, so maybe you can see what I did. I will post it on thread for you so keep checking back. Might even get out tonight and do it, but it is 8:30PM and it is still 115F haha.
There is a pic attached to the last reply. The casing around the lighter is cracked . Here it is again

frontsocket.jpg
View attachment 17837
There is a pic attached to the last reply. The casing around the lighter is cracked . Here it is again

Hi Kathy,

Ok here is the socket I bought from Amazon. It has a nice flat washer type top. Maybe you can find a washer or make one to go behind the panel. So you can see at the back there is a nut. If you can make a washer to put between the broken panel and the nut and the front facia is big enough you might be in business.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGOGDX4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

PS Don't look at how dirty gross it is it is about to get detailed soon.

Last edited:
View attachment 17838

Hi Kathy,

Ok here is the socket I bought from Amazon. It has a nice flat washer type top. Maybe you can find a washer or make one to go behind the panel. So you can see at the back there is a nut. If you can make a washer to put between the broken panel and the nut and the front facia is big enough you might be in business.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGOGDX4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

PS Don't look at how dirty gross it is it is about to get detailed soon.
Thank you!!! I hope that will work:). I'll see what my boyfriend thinks and order one!!