New to Forum! Hello from Germany!

MJHuber

image.jpeg
Hey everyone, my name is Michael i come from Munich/Germany. :D

I'm driving Jeeps since i was 12 years old, so here's my 1999 TJ Sahara! :) With 4" suspension lift, 33" Coopers, Poison Spyder Rocksliders, self made Bumper and so on...

Welcome aboard. Nice collection of Jeeps there! Is that a Gelandewagon tucked down at the far end? It would be really nice to see some trail pictures from Germany, to compare with what we have here in the states.

Very cool @MJHuber!

Are there a lot of designated off road spots in Germany where you can take your Jeep off road on trails?

@StG58 It's a Mercedes G. ;)

In Germany we go offroading in forests or gravel pits, but you shouldn't be caught by the Police. :eek:

Otherwise there are designated spots, but not so many. In this spots many races are organized, like you see in the Pictures below, that's a CJ7 with a Mercedes V8 engine with around 480 hp. It's built by me and my dad.

There are a lot of more offroad parks like this in Hungary or in Czech Republic. It's 3 to 7 hours to drive, depends on where you want to go. :)

934942_4270913189314_1176747031_n.jpg
1959995_835613379839179_4805634591634976215_n.jpg
12105899_10203672012679103_56457799858491157_n.jpg

Reactions: brianb2 and Chris

In Germany we go offroading in forests or gravel pits, but you shouldn't be caught by the Police. :eek:

Otherwise there are designated spots, but not so many. In this spots many races are organized, like you see in the Pictures below, that's a CJ7 with a Mercedes V8 engine with around 480 hp. It's built by me and my dad.

There are a lot of more offroad parks like this in Hungary or in Czech Republic. It's 3 to 7 hours to drive, depends on where you want to go. :)

View attachment 3651 View attachment 3652 View attachment 3653

Wow, that looks like a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing these pictures!

View attachment 3651 View attachment 3652 View attachment 3653

Thanks for sharing @MJHuber , that looks just about like what we have here for off roading (the wet side of Oregon). It's funny about not getting caught by the police in the forests and gravel pits. There's a lot of that here as well. Here it's the Forest Rangers though. The rules are sometimes ambiguous about what makes a road something you can drive on. There's no logic to it. A 3 to 7 hour drive isn't bad. Especially for a good place to drive off road.

A CJ7 with a Mercedes V8? That had to be a lot of work to get that in and working. For awhile the family had a bunch of Mercedes, a C class, an E class and the wife's S class. Great cars and fun to drive. Well engineered, though working on them was not simple.

Thanks for sharing @MJHuber , that looks just about like what we have here for off roading (the wet side of Oregon). It's funny about not getting caught by the police in the forests and gravel pits. There's a lot of that here as well. Here it's the Forest Rangers though. The rules are sometimes ambiguous about what makes a road something you can drive on. There's no logic to it. A 3 to 7 hour drive isn't bad. Especially for a good place to drive off road.

A CJ7 with a Mercedes V8? That had to be a lot of work to get that in and working. For awhile the family had a bunch of Mercedes, a C class, an E class and the wife's S class. Great cars and fun to drive. Well engineered, though working on them was not simple.

So there's so much logic in the rules at Oregon like in Germany. :p
3 to 7 hours is ok yes...for a good trail i would drive longer then 7 hours. :D

It was a loooot of work but at the end everythings fine. :) It's a real Beast in the mud..:mad:

Too bad you guys don't have the same land laws as we do here. As long as it's not gated, or signed no trespassing, you're good to go.

Germany is very high on my want to visit list! My grandfather is from Hungry, so I'd love to tour all around and see where the roads take me.

Reactions: Chris
Too bad you guys don't have the same land laws as we do here. As long as it's not gated, or signed no trespassing, you're good to go.

Germany is very high on my want to visit list! My grandfather is from Hungry, so I'd love to tour all around and see where the roads take me.

The best route you can drive is from Munich to Lago di Garda in Italy. There you drive through the most beautiful mountains in Europe!
With one or another obstacle on the way...;)

I spent 6 years in Stuttgart and had a 1979 CJ with the AMC 360 for part of the time. Love our time there-except for the days spent on the autobahn trying to get to Munich during the "holiday season"! Believe me the Polizie are much more forgiving here;)
Welcome to the forum:)

Hey, welcome to the forum. Great looking Jeep. I would have guessed Österreich had more relaxed laws for off-roading.

My wife is German, my daughter was born in Düsseldorf, and I've lived there twice for a total of around 6yrs. I love being back in the States, but there's a lot of things we miss about being in Germany.

Reactions: StG58 and Stinger
@brianb2 Thank you! :)
Usually you are right, but meanwhile the Österreicher look more accurate what you are doing then 10 years ago...:( I remember this time my father went to offroad races every weekend in Österreich and Bavaria. Unfortunatly, this good old times are over...

Reactions: brianb2
@MJHuber That's a shame. Lots of big beautiful mountains in your part of Germany. Then when you think about Austria and Italy as well and so close by, it makes me smile. I agree, the trip down to Lago di Garda is incredible. I've never driven it in a 4x4, so I wasn't looking for "obstacles" :) but I can imagine there is a lot of fun you could have. I'm jealous, you have a great playground around you.

North Carolina is a beautiful state with a lot of nice forests and mountains, but only a few public places for off-roading. The rest are on private lands, so you need to make lots of friends or join local clubs to get access. My rig is similar to yours. Same color, 2000 sport, 4" lift, 33's. The front bumper you made looks good. Welcome again.

@brianb2
We drive every year in may down to italy, the coolest thing about this trip is that you drive through 80 degrees Fahrenheit and one hour later you're in deep snow. :) Like you see in these pictures..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ok that sounds really like in Germany!
Thank you, i made it by myself because those bumpers are hard so get here..would you show me a picture or your TJ? :D

Reactions: derekmac