new to forum

Tony Moore

I live in north western AZ just got my TJ trying to work the bugs out and get it out in the desert more.
DSC01704.JPG
DSC01705.JPG

Reactions: _swede and Chris
I love Arizona, I used to love there as well!

Welcome to the forum and sweet looking Wrangler!

What is going on with it?

Reactions: _swede
I love Arizona, I used to love there as well!

Welcome to the forum and sweet looking Wrangler!

What is going on with it?
Arizona is great - I have been there for work a bit and did some awesome wheeling in my Tacoma. Interesting place to be in monsoon season too!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Well when we got it we heard a hight pitch scream it was the idler bearing sprayed lubrication it quit then after replacing carrier bearing or the adjuster bearing screamed replaced it then the alternator screamed well we fixed them all now the ac compressor. But it stops, Then the first trip out the gas line breaks at the tank and strands us, I have fixed most all of this and now no problems xcept ac. Got the oil changed greased and cleaned its happy we are happy

Reactions: Chris
The prior owner had put shock extensions in the rear so when driving the back end was allways bouncing . I think that is what pinched the fuel line into plus he had a complete skid plate around the tank and it was full of fuel loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gotta love some of the messed up stuff previous owners do to our vehicles. I've got plenty of stories like that!

Is there any reason I can't change out the AC compressor and then have someone pull vacuum and recharge

Is there any reason I can't change out the AC compressor and then have someone pull vacuum and recharge

If you change out the AC compressor (assuming it has a charge in it) there's no way to avoid draining it first of freon and then recharging it after you install a new one.

Well replaced compressor bought vacuum pump have freon and gauges now find on you tube what to do next

No AC in the desert? That must be a killer!

Put all the new parts in, charge the system, and it should be good to go. Of course do the obvious first and make sure the compressor engages when the AC is turned on (but ONLY after the system is fully charged and lubricated).