New to here and new to Jeeps

SkunksJeep

Hello all, Just joined here a couple days ago after the purchase of my very first Jeep Wrangler. Glad to see so much info out there for these things! Been a Chrysler guy all my life, currently have an 87 Shelby Charger as a toy. But to the good stuff. I just purchased a 2003 TJ Sport RHD. Now I can't say the fun is going to be ALL mine, as it's purchased for my wife's mail route. Hopefully we'll be able to get it back up to snuff with the help of all this knowledge. Happy to be here, and thanks for being here and any help in advance.

You're in the right place for TJs, that's for sure! Welcome to the forum.

Got any plans for the Jeep?

Hello all, Just joined here a couple days ago after the purchase of my very first Jeep Wrangler. Glad to see so much info out there for these things! Been a Chrysler guy all my life, currently have an 87 Shelby Charger as a toy. But to the good stuff. I just purchased a 2003 TJ Sport RHD. Now I can't say the fun is going to be ALL mine, as it's purchased for my wife's mail route. Hopefully we'll be able to get it back up to snuff with the help of all this knowledge. Happy to be here, and thanks for being here and any help in advance.

Welcome! What the deal with the RHD selection?

Welcome! What the deal with the RHD selection?
My guess is this... I am a also a contract mail route carrier, but my weapon (vehicle) of choice is a snowmobile;)

Reactions: qslim
My guess is this... I am a also a contract mail route carrier, but my weapon (vehicle) of choice is a snowmobile;)
Dude, why you gotta call me out on not being a good reader in front of everyone? Go deliver a package or something :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
^ what he said lol

She works at an office that has all llv routes except one, the aux route. Pretty soon she will be doing that aux route and didn't want to drive from the right with left hand steering and pedals. Also, this one happened to be close and cheap lol. And the angle grinder will have to wait till she is done with it. 😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and qslim
Thanks for all the welcomes ya'll!!
The misses has named our 03 a very unusual name...TJ lol. Well TJ's first order of business with us was to fail the solenoids in the trans, which Dodge is fixing. Hopefully when that's done here Friday or Monday, I'll be able to start on getting it looking better and fixing all the little things. Looking forward to reading up on everything!

Thanks for all the welcomes ya'll!!
The misses has named our 03 a very unusual name...TJ lol. Well TJ's first order of business with us was to fail the solenoids in the trans, which Dodge is fixing. Hopefully when that's done here Friday or Monday, I'll be able to start on getting it looking better and fixing all the little things. Looking forward to reading up on everything!
Maybe a pic or two to get you started.

Well guys and gals, it's been almost a year and a half since I started this thread and if you've seen the other thread I have, you'll understand... But now that the saga of getting the Gremlin TJ up and running, I thought I'd finally post some pictures. He's rough but nothing a little lipstick can't fix for the old pig. Already got some things coming to spruce him up a bit. Smoked led signals and side markers, top fender covers, some interior and dash lighting, and new door handles. Future plans include some new tires, a matching spare tire and wheel, and some extended flares. Hopefully he'll be receptive and not give me too much more headache lol.

PXL_20210530_003632021.jpg

PXL_20210530_003542588.MP.jpg

PXL_20210530_003555403.MP.jpg

PXL_20210530_003608812.jpg

Reactions: reddvltj and Tomcat