New to Jeeping... after a 15 year wait.

theshawnm

Hello,

I have wanted a jeep for 15 years now and the dream finally came true.
I was able to find a 2006 TJ with 80,000 miles and the perfect amount of upgrades and with lots of room for improvement. I am running 35s with 3.73 gears. I would like to change the gears out to 4.56 but not set on that yet. I working on getting it all set up now with storage options and top options.
Thanks to everyone who post. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge.

Shawn
IMG_7296.jpg
IMG_7297.jpg
IMG_7299.jpg

Reactions: MikeM and Travis
Is that your FJ 40 as well? If so you are a lucky man. My brother and I shared a 1980 FJ40 for a few years. A pretty awesome vehicle as well although I like my TJ better.

Reactions: Chris
No... The fj 40 was just another truck at the place I got my jeep. It was clean as hell and expensive. $45,000
Just jeeps of Texas.com
They are great people. Loved buying from them.

Any thoughts on gears? How much should I expect to pay to switch out the gears?

Nice looking rig, and welcome to the Jeep life.

The ratio that you want with 35s and your 42rh automatic transmission is 4.88. I don't think you can run 5.13 in a non Dana 44 front, but that may have changed. If it did I'm certain that someone will correct me. :)

I was quoted $300 for each axle. There is a great vendor here on the forum that can get you hooked up with Revolution gears -@AOR.

Can you give us some more information on the Jeep so we can help you to ensure that it is set up properly to run the 35s? Pictures of the suspension, brakes, and steering can help us see what you are working with.

Nice looking rig, and welcome to the Jeep life.

The ratio that you want with 35s and your 42rh automatic transmission is 4.88. I don't think you can run 5.13 in a non Dana 44 front, but that may have changed. If it did I'm certain that someone will correct me. :)

I was quoted $300 for each axle. There is a great vendor here on the forum that can get you hooked up with Revolution gears -@AOR.

Can you give us some more information on the Jeep so we can help you to ensure that it is set up properly to run the 35s? Pictures of the suspension, brakes, and steering can help us see what you are working with.

Agree with this. However, with an auto I think you would be happier with a 4:56 ratio. Just not sure you can stuff those in a Dana 30. IMHO:rolleyes: