New to Jeeps but not to Cars

Wes Eubanks

Hey guys, I am new to Jeeps, I've always wanted one and finally went out and bought one lol 2003 Wrangler Sport TJ Red. I'm really wanting to restore the drive train but at the moment i'm chasing issues. I hope the Jeep community is as cool as the rigs you drive, glad to be a part :)

IMG_E1314.JPG

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
You'll find that the Jeep community (especially this community) is probably friendlier and more helpful than almost any automotive community out there if you ask me! As for driveline issues, we're always chasing those pesky things down on our lifted Jeeps.

Great choice on the red TJ, I love it!

Reactions: Wes Eubanks
I have a 98 red TJ, so that is cool! Welcome. Let us know if we can help you eliminate any of those issues. We are a pretty good group of TJ owners!

Reactions: StG58
You can do anything to a Wrangler. Rock Crawler. Forestry Road Blaster. Beach Bitch. Mustang Challenger. oh yeah, even a daily driver. Just be true to yourself. Lots of really focused guys out there who will trash anything beyond their blinders. But yeah, the TJ can do anything.

Best group of guys on a forum, period! I’ve learned a ton here! Love Flame Red TJ’s(I’m a little biased).

Do you have any lift on it? Stock front is 12”. Stock Rear is 8”. Anything 2” and above that could cause driveline vibes which could be solved by a TCase drop (cheap) or a Motor Mount Lift.

Reactions: Chris
Welcome. Is that a special addition wrangler (freedom edition maybe?). It’s rare to see the color matched flares on a jeep. The only ones I can think of are the Sahara’s (which yours doesn’t look like a Sahara) and the special edditon models.