New to Jeeps, just got my 2001

R0dr0c

Just bought my very first Jeep Wrangler Sport. A 2001 with 162,000 miles on it.
It has a little rust. That is a given on most any 18yo vehicle here in the Midwest that hasn't been stores in the winter and meticulously cared for.
The 2nd owner had it for years. Put a bunch of money in it and got tired of it I guess. New fenders, frame reinforcements welded in, new brakes all the way around, new front fenders, new tow hitch, new windshield, new wheels and new tires.
I have already done a few small things, nee mirrors, new spare, removed the milk can bumper ends, remained the bumpers, some led lights and some selective undercoating.

Reactions: Chris
Here are a couple pics

20180617_142409.jpg

Reactions: Bert and Chris
Damn, that thing looks clean! Looks like a new top too!
The top looks pretty good in the pictures. But the Velcro doesn't Velcro any more. And a week ago I took the windows out. I destroyed the zipper on the drivers side. The end was corroded together. I couldn't get it apart. WD-40, PB-Blast, a couple days soaking, lots of work. The end broke into pieces.

The top looks pretty good in the pictures. But the Velcro doesn't Velcro any more. And a week ago I took the windows out. I destroyed the zipper on the drivers side. The end was corroded together. I couldn't get it apart. WD-40, PB-Blast, a couple days soaking, lots of work. The end broke into pieces.

Ahhh, that's no fun!

Jest replaced my top on my 01 with a Bestop. the PO put on a sierra top and it was hard and crunchy and the widows were all fogged, Although everything still zipped and velcro'd. After installing I felt it was worth the extra $$

Reactions: R0dr0c and Chris