New to Jeeps, looking for a TJ Rubicon

Red is the fastest color.
i-HdSDgv9-XL.jpg

If you get a Rubi with the 6-speed and 32’s your gearing will be just right. Build around a 2.5” lift, a flat belly, that’s an awesome rig. My next project.

And yes, red TJs are the fastest

UPDATE:
Looked at another TJ today ( 2005 Willy's ).
Frame looked like it had been panted with Rustoleum. The frame rail sides looked alright but the bottoms were bubbly with a couple of areas that looked like I could probably push a screw-driver through if I had one. It was around 6 degrees out so the not starting part wasn't a total surprise. They don't seem to know it's a Willy's. The Camo seats and green soft top are in great shape. I knew the price was too good, I went to look ready to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
UPDATE:
Looked at another TJ today ( 2005 Willy's ).
Frame looked like it had been panted with Rustoleum. The frame rail sides looked alright but the bottoms were bubbly with a couple of areas that looked like I could probably push a screw-driver through if I had one. It was around 6 degrees out so the not starting part wasn't a total surprise. They don't seem to know it's a Willy's. The Camo seats and green soft top are in great shape.
Any pics?

Another Update:
Going to look at a Red 2006 X today. 65k 6cyl 6-speed. Pictures look good but it's a salvage title.

It was a bit rougher than I'd like on the underside. Frame was rusty as usual but also felt like a 1/2" of dirt inside when I stuck a finger in the front slots. Ran and drove well from my limited Jeep experience. They still feel a bit weird like they almost spin in place when you turn. Hard-top had been repaired in a few spots, newer soft top. Stock wheels and tire size. He's asking $11k. Owner was unsure of the reason for the salvage brand.

Didn’t realize you had it linked. Ran the VIN it is a willys. Missing the badging and wheels. Under 10k is cheap. Started its life in New York
Under 10k is way cheap! That is precisely why I bought this one the moment it posted. Out the door, tax, title and licensed was like $9940, which at that price I expected it to be beat to shit! To my surprise, aside from what may be a small TC output shaft leak, it's in like brand new condition. It rides like a dream, with brand new OME 2.5" lift, seriously had no idea it was even possible for a TJ to ride this good. Oh it also came with a Warn XD 9000i, as well as warn front and rear bumpers

1231191403f_HDR~2.jpg

1231191403h_HDR~2.jpg

1231191402k_HDR~3.jpg

1231191407a_HDR.jpg

1231191405b_HDR.jpg

1231191404_HDR.jpg

1231191402i_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Midwest and Starrs