New to Jeeps: Looking for lift suggestions

Not 100% sure but if you have 32" tires already then you must have some type of lift.

The zone 4” combo kit is cool but it has a body lift and I’ve been told to stay away from body lifts.

That is a internet myth, you can go with a small body lit. Many people here have them. I have a 1.25" body lift on mine.
The DPG kit I linked is basically the same as the Zone Combo kit. It depends on who you talk to as to which is liked better.

Eventually maybe 33s or 34s if I’m getting ambitious for trail days but probably will stick with 32s that I currently have and maybe only go up to 33s

34"+ gets expensive really quickly. 33s need a total of 4" of lift to begin to work well and is a little easier to achieve.

Personally, I would encourage 31-32" tire with a 2" spring and 1" body lift, pay attention to the details as you continue to build. Be smart and you can get more performance for your time and effort than the guys who cram big tires into a half-assed build.

When I got my first TJ I put in a 2 inch spring lift and with the proper backspaced wheels I was able to fit 32s without any rub. You'd be surprised with what your jeep can do stock so don't be in any hurry to jack it to the moon.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Then like JJVW suggested a 2" spring lift and 1" body lift. As you grow with your TJ you are going to want to do a belly up skid and that is where the body lift comes into play. You are moving your drivetrain up higher to make your belly as flat as possible. And then when you are ready you can go to taller springs and larger tires.

You have to remember as you go up in tire size you have to regear your axles to compensate for the added weight, larger rolling radius and that means new gears. Plus steering, control arms and beefed up parts to handle the larger tires. Stick to the 32" tires for now and get a good flexing suspension first and you will be amazed at what you can do.

Reactions: jjvw
Mine is often the little Jeep. I'm ok with that. :)
X2 though yours is much more capable than mine!

That is a internet myth, you can go with a small body lit. Many people here have them. I have a 1.25" body lift on mine.
The DPG kit I linked is basically the same as the Zone Combo kit. It depends on who you talk to as to which is liked better.

Agree, a 1.25" body lift provides a lot of advantages. Gained significant clearance with the following mods because of it. I run something very similar to the DPG kit. Neither of these mods could happen without the small body lift . ATTACH=full]82171[/ATTACH]
IMG_20190223_144414.jpg

IMG_20190223_154828.jpg

Someone also suggested on another forum to do a 2.25 “ spring spacers lift and to do a 1.75 body lift but I don’t think that helps performance at all va the zone 4” combo