Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

New to me 2001 TJ

KowboyK

So this is my first post to my first forum so I hope I am doing this right!! Just a little background. The first Jeep we bought was my wife's 17 JK, new off the dealer floor. We did a leveling kit, nerf bars, LED headlights and I found a set of BFG M/T's on Jeep Willys stock wheels. That was about all the mods she wanted, as she calls it, it's her "Pavement Princess". I wanted to get in the mud and the woods a little more so when her dad offered me his 2001 TJ, I jumped on it. I haven't got too crazy with the mods and after reading a few other posts, there are several things that I had thought about doing that I probably won't. So far I have installed front and rear bumpers, LED headlights, rock sliders & a 9500# Barricade winch. The only other thing I would really like to change is the tires from A/T to M/T's, but these still have plenty of tread so that will be a little while!! Thanks for your time and for letting me join the group!!
IMG_2032_LI.jpg
TJ2.JPG

bobthetj03

WRKJ779, KN6SRH
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Welcome to the forum, and Jeep life! I can't see the sidewall of your tires, but they look like BFG first gen KO's. Those tires wear like iron! They'll crack and rot before you'll wear the tread out. You might also want to check the date code on the sidewalls. If they are over 7 years old you might want to consider those mud terrains you want.

OP
KowboyK

KowboyK

Welcome to the forum, and Jeep life! I can't see the sidewall of your tires, but they look like BFG first gen KO's. Those tires wear like iron! They'll crack and rot before you'll wear the tread out. You might also want to check the date code on the sidewalls. If they are over 7 years old you might want to consider those mud terrains you want.
I will have to look at the codes, where on the sidewall are they & how do I read them??

AndyG

TJ Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
Welcome aboard, we can make you a level 4 member at first since you mid spelled cowboy.

CodaMan

California Escapee
Supporting Member
Welcome and read here for date code info

Reactions: bobthetj03

NashvilleTJ

I miss the snow...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Welcome and read here for date code info

Or, get close and read the letters on the sidewall. If there are cracks running through the letters, time for new tires…

😉

Welcome to the forum. Nice rig with which to start. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.