• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

New to me 2006 TJ

kmichelle

Jan 7, 2019
Dayton, OH
This was actually a late Christmas surprise from my parents. They upgraded to a Rubicon to haul their Great Danes around and the little TJ wasn't being driven any more. They said they didn't want it sitting around, so they hauled it from North Carolina to Ohio. I had been planning on getting a Wrangler in the next year as I wanted something safer and more reliable in the snow, and then this pulled up in my driveway.

jeep.jpg

2006 Wrangler X 6 speed

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7710.JPG

Bumpers, step rails, and lights are the only modifications. Not planning any major mods any time soon - no $$$ for it, and I don't plan on doing much off roading. I live in the city, so she's going to be a pavement princess, most likely :) Would love to put half doors on, but I don't think those are super practical for Ohio weather and the 4 nice days a year we have. But we'll see - love reading the build threads on here, so I'm bound to get some ideas!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Seriously! My parents rock, and they're the reason I'm into Wranglers in the first place. Reasonable people probably would have sold it, but I'm so glad they decided to keep it in the family.
Kudos to them, I wish my parents had given me a Wrangler when I was younger. Hell... I wish I had known how much fun Wranglers were when I was younger!

Reactions: Sam Solo

Sam Solo

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2018
St. Louis
Welcome aboard! That's very generous of your parents! Nice looking jeep and I'm liking the chrome wheels, they look good with the red.

mots

TJ Enthusiast
May 11, 2018
OH, USA
Welcome from NW Ohio! I just drove my Wrangler in the snow for the first time yesterday. Handled like a champ!

Mikester86

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 U
Supporting Member
Dec 6, 2018
Michigan
Awesome! Now that it lives in Ohio, time to look into protecting that frame from the elements! And if Ohio salts in winters like here in Michigan, better sooner than later! Great surprise gift!