New to me 2006 TJ

kmichelle

This was actually a late Christmas surprise from my parents. They upgraded to a Rubicon to haul their Great Danes around and the little TJ wasn't being driven any more. They said they didn't want it sitting around, so they hauled it from North Carolina to Ohio. I had been planning on getting a Wrangler in the next year as I wanted something safer and more reliable in the snow, and then this pulled up in my driveway.

jeep.jpg

2006 Wrangler X 6 speed

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7710.JPG

Bumpers, step rails, and lights are the only modifications. Not planning any major mods any time soon - no $$$ for it, and I don't plan on doing much off roading. I live in the city, so she's going to be a pavement princess, most likely :) Would love to put half doors on, but I don't think those are super practical for Ohio weather and the 4 nice days a year we have. But we'll see - love reading the build threads on here, so I'm bound to get some ideas!

Just wait for the itch to hit you, especially with the folks on here from the Midwest doing fun trips ;)

Congrats on the TJ and welcome!

Reactions: Mikester86
Pretty sure you just got the best Christmas present ever!

Welcome to the forum, and get ready to empty your pockets!

Reactions: Mikester86
Seriously! My parents rock, and they're the reason I'm into Wranglers in the first place. Reasonable people probably would have sold it, but I'm so glad they decided to keep it in the family.

Kudos to them, I wish my parents had given me a Wrangler when I was younger. Hell... I wish I had known how much fun Wranglers were when I was younger!

Reactions: Sam Solo
Welcome aboard! That's very generous of your parents! Nice looking jeep and I'm liking the chrome wheels, they look good with the red.

Welcome from NW Ohio! I just drove my Wrangler in the snow for the first time yesterday. Handled like a champ!

Awesome! Now that it lives in Ohio, time to look into protecting that frame from the elements! And if Ohio salts in winters like here in Michigan, better sooner than later! Great surprise gift!