New to me Jeep 2017 Wrangler Rubicon Recon

siremike

While I love my 2004 TJ Rubicon I did not want to use it as a daily driver. It has only 13k miles on it and looks brand new. My normal daily driver was a 2002 Audi Allroad and it got to the point I could not trust it. I would have to invest thousands of $$$ as it started to go down hill quick. (air suspension leaks, oil leaks, axles, overheating at times, etc.)

So while getting some propane for my RV I noticed a good looking Jeep at the Ford dealer. It was a 2017 2 door Rubicon Recon with 86k miles. Looked and drove nice and I saw no rust on it. So I decided to trade the Audi in and invest in the Recon. It has more miles than I wanted but it had all the stuff I wanted if I was going to get another Jeep. I Looked at it one day and overnight the web page displayed a drop in price. The price ($29.6k) seemed comparable or lower than others I saw on the internet.

My wife was concerned about the mileage as it was only30k less than the Audi. So I went ahead and purchased the extended warranty through Ford when runs for 4 years/40K miles. Hopefully I do not need it

Definitely drives different than the TJ. Looks like the PO has 33 inch tires instead of the stock 32s. The stock speakers suck compared to the TJ. Maybe the TJ has had an upgrade.

Was never a Jeep owner prior to last year and now I have two. Wish I had room in the garage for it but the TJ and the wife's new truck fill it up. Florida is rough on paint jobs and when it is pollen season the vehicles turn yellow.

Thanks for listening

Reactions: RFAASRMA