New to me Rubicon

mattcogdell

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
A while back I purchased a 2005 Rubicon. The older gentleman that I purchased it from did not know much about the jeep. He purchased it from the father of the original owner several years prior. The original owner did all the upgrades to the jeep after purchasing it but passed away due to health reasons. His father then kept the jeep in the garage for several years before deciding to part with it. Upon buying it I realized it had a body lift and the whole tub had been professionally linex. The older gentleman stated he thought all jeeps came linex. After purchasing it I replaced the old tires with new STT Pros (285/75/16). I am now trying to figure out if the jeep has factory springs or if it is in fact only a body lift. Can anyone help with this?
IMG_7461.JPG
IMG_7464.JPG
IMG_7466.JPG
IMG_7491.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG
IMG_6211.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Very nice Rubicon, congratulations. You can determine if it has a spring lift by measuring the coil springs, top to bottom, not including the rubber isolator, at ride height. Stock is 8" rear, 12" front.

Thanks. I spent right at a year looking for exactly what I wanted. Looked a ALOT of jeeps in the time. Thankfully this one came with a few extras. Also factory hard top, a soft top, and factory color matching half doors. I'll measure them this evening!

IMG_7722.JPG
IMG_7723.JPG
Front apears to be 14" and rear 10"
Are those factory bump stops?
Also the front has a heavy winch and bumper so without I'd say it maybe exactly 14" front.