New to me wheels

I started working on them this morning.

The Rustoleum 248927 Steel is nearly a perfect match for the factory finish.

I am going to repaint two of them, touch up the other two and top off with 2k clear.

It’s going to look so much better than it does with those JK wheels.

I recently painted my Ravine's. Here's another example of some that are painted.

Plus, this was with stock suspension and 31x10.50r15 Wrangler Authority's.
IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0305.jpeg

Reactions: AzJeff and GPK03X
I was fortunate to find 5 of those Ravines in mint condition, when my present tires wear out I'm going to put them on. My Jeep is black on white as well but no lift planned. Running 31s now and can't decide if I want to replace with 31s or 30s. My present American Racing wheels are way too wide (10 ") and have too much offset but they came with the Jeep.

Last edited:
There’s your biggest problem. Get a lift, gears, and lockers in the plans or I’m turning you in to the committee.

Noted.

The panel meets again in
March. No Zoom meeting this time.

Chris please make sure he is on the “stock by choice” reprimand list.

Reactions: JMT
Productive day.

I have spent about 3 hours on wheel #1 and figure about 2 more hours to be ready to prime. That is just the exterior face, the rest of the wheel is ok.

Multiply by 4 wheels and that is 20 hours prep time.

I sold the JK in 2012 and have not owned a Jeep since.

I was in the attic this morning and tucked into the corner was a HF sand blaster that I 100% forgot that I owned.

2 hours later, all four wheels are clean and each needs about another 1/2 hour of prep before priming.

blastwheel.jpg

Ive seen them on many TJs.

I was in the attic looking for a University of Tennessee tire cover that hasn't been on a Jeep in 12 years.

• Face Palm
Reactions: John Cooper
I think the Ravines came only on LJs, didn't they?

I can't say for certain, but I'm not sure what else would have been the standard 15x8 for the later years. I think the Ravine replaced the Canyon as the base wheel you got with the 30" tire package. Which is unfortunate IMO, the Canyon is my favorite TJ wheel.

Reactions: SSTJ
Ive seen them on many TJs.

I was in the attic looking for a University of Tennessee tire cover that hasn't been on a Jeep in 12 years.

Dang, just dang.... you put that tire cover on your Jeep, it will be an automatic 15 yard penalty!!!!

;);)