New to site and new to Jeep

Allen01

Supporting Member
I wanted to buy a 1997 Jeep Wrangler in 1997 test drove one and I wanted it bad. But at the time I had 2 small kids and couldn’t see myself getting them in and out of car seats in the back. Now they are grown and gone. So I found a 2006 Jeep Wrangler 70000 miles with 6 speed and some kind of I believe suspension lift with bigger tires like 32”. After driving it I know it needs to be re-geared. Will wait 2-3 months just to make sure it is dependable. Hope I got picture to post. I am retired and looking forward to life with the Jeep. I will try to post pictures of the lift tomorrow. Hope somebody can tell me what I have.

A1887AD6-D300-43F5-9D86-9381E11A28D4.jpeg

Thanks everybody I am going to take some pictures of suspension and body and hope somebody can tell me what I have. I know nothing about telling what is what I just want to make sure what I have is ok. I will try to get that done tonight

Reactions: L J
Your Jeep will keep you busy in retirement ! I know firsthand and welcome from Texas !
Gregg
I just wanted to thank you for your service in the Army in desert storm. I appreciate all you did for our country! Thanks for your comments also. After I drive the Jeep for 30-45 days I have plans for 4.56 gears. Now I am really only using 4 out of 6 gears.

I wanted to buy a 1997 Jeep Wrangler in 1997 test drove one and I wanted it bad. But at the time I had 2 small kids and couldn’t see myself getting them in and out of car seats in the back. Now they are grown and gone. So I found a 2006 Jeep Wrangler 70000 miles with 6 speed and some kind of I believe suspension lift with bigger tires like 32”. After driving it I know it needs to be re-geared. Will wait 2-3 months just to make sure it is dependable. Hope I got picture to post. I am retired and looking forward to life with the Jeep. I will try to post pictures of the lift tomorrow. Hope somebody can tell me what I have.

View attachment 173012
Congratulations on your retirement. Retirement and Jeep is a great combination! I'm there too. :)
I regeared to 4.56s. I have a 5 speed behind my 4.0.

Congratulations on your retirement. Retirement and Jeep is a great combination! I'm there too. :)
I regeared to 4.56s. I have a 5 speed behind my 4.0.
Thanks that is the ratio I want to go with. Right now it is 3.07 and I don’t even use 5th or 6th gear. And I will probably be pulling a small jon boat with Jeep. I hope this will work for me also. Going to drive for 3 months first to make sure it is good to go. I am so ready to re-gear also I have noticed 1st is high