New to the book of faces....HELP

Ahoragi

TJ Addict
I finally joined FB but only to browse the marketplace. First off let me say that they over complicated this website. There are just WAY TOO MANY options, buttons, things to do on this page that I easily get lost. It took me about 35 minutes to figure out how to change my privacy because all these unknown folks were texting my phone somehow. What a pain! But anyways everyone says Marketplace should be on the left side with that Marketplace symbol but mine does not have it. I have to search for Facebook Marketplace in order to use it BUT when I click on it I get an error message every time:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

It's been two days and I get the same message.

Now here is the weird thing: My phone can get access to the Marketplace. Now I could just use my phone but I prefer to see things I want to buy on this 24" monitor rather than this 5" screen.

Is there something I need to do to gain access to the Marketplace on my PC?

Don't get me started on how much I hate Facebook and social media in general. I tried it once, but like you, I got confused by privacy settings, where to find stuff, and everything else.

I wish I could be of more help, but my signature says it all.

Last edited:
I wish I could be of more help as well, but I deleted my Facebook a while back as it was nothing but a toxic waste of time. I'll bet one of our Facebook users such as @JamesAndTheSahara or @StG58 can tell you what you're missing.

Reactions: KMG
This forum is like our TJs. Easy to use and navigate with lots of friendly people to ask for help.

Facebook is like a Mercedes’s, difficult to work on, cumbersome, and everything’s written in German. It makes you want to kill your self for buying one. Stay off Facebook. Have a friend or family member buy whatever it is you want for you.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and StG58
I only use the mobile version. I couldn’t figure out the desktop version.

mmm stay off Book face and stay on wranglertjforum(book) instead lol

Reactions: ac_
mmm stay off Book face and stay on wranglertjforum(book) instead lol

I have avoided it up till this time and decided to give it a try just for the Marketplace cuz it seems that more people sell on FB than on CL.

I been browsing it on my phone and sent quite a few requests to folks selling vehicles but have not received a single response by any. Today I sent a msg to someone selling a 4runner on CL and got a reply within 5 minutes. I dunno if my settings are blocking replies on FB or what but it is strange that NO ONE replied. Some of them say the person tends to reply within the hour but nope.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I have avoided it up till this time and decided to give it a try just for the Marketplace cuz it seems that more people sell on FB than on CL.

I been browsing it on my phone and sent quite a few requests to folks selling vehicles but have not received a single response by any. Today I sent a msg to someone selling a 4runner on CL and got a reply within 5 minutes. I dunno if my settings are blocking replies on FB or what but it is strange that NO ONE replied. Some of them say the person tends to reply within the hour but nope.

Yeah, this is normal. If you thought Craigslist was bad for dealing with flakes, Facebook takes things to a whole different level :D

Have you asked somebody you know who is on FB to look for you account and see if its up and running properly...and whether they see your posts ?

Oh nice.....another opportunity to express how i dispise social media.

I absolutely adore this TJ site but nothing on this planet i find more appalling than FB......THANKS.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Yeah, this is normal. If you thought Craigslist was bad for dealing with flakes, Facebook takes things to a whole different level :D

I guess its worthless then. I will probably delete my acct and stick with CL.

Have you asked somebody you know who is on FB to look for you account and see if its up and running properly...and whether they see your posts ?

I only have my gf and a wheeling buddy. They can msg me and all that but I did change all my settings to Friends only. Does that include marketplace msgs?

I only have my gf and a wheeling buddy. They can msg me and all that but I did change all my settings to Friends only. Does that include marketplace msgs?
I have no idea..im not on FB sorry.( I was just trying to help in some way)

This is just my experience. I bought and sold a lot of stuff on FB when I still had mine. I was blown away by how many flakes and idiots I dealt with each time. I don't know if it was the fact that it was social media integrated with classifieds, but the buying and selling experience was simply mind numbing.

Reactions: MikeM